Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read that this is ok...ya'll sure about this? the rings dont fail and its not bad for the engine?

so if i run 7psi with a tuned engine and ecu it will be totaly cool?

what kinda gains can i (estimate) expect ive seen some ppl in the 170whp to 205whp whats the usual range for 7psi

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
it depends on your motor. did you run a compresion test and cylinder leakage? You want your car to have great compression and not a ton of blow by. You can run 7 psi on it, but make sure you safely tune it, and thats not some sloppy safc tune, im talking uberdata, hondata, chrome, emanage etc.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
emanage sucks..

you'll be safe running 7lbs... just tune it as best you can with a real tuning software, Like what was previously mentioned...

Uberdata? Negative.. its abandonware.. if you wernt with it 24/7 in the months before, dont even TRY to start using it.. too many little tricks you ahve to know to get it to even start the car, let alone drive reliably/normaly.

Emanage? Garbage... its a glorified SAFC.... i hate it.

SAFC? Shit... dont even BOTHER to try to "tune" a boosted car using this peice of junk.

Hondata/Crome... both reliable, easy to use, and stable.. i would recomend either. -Crome is DIY, while hondata cost mucho bucks... and has to be pro-tuned, unless you manage to get the support tool.

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 lb of boost = arguable 8 to 10 hp gain

if your compression is and some change or lower you should be completely fine, as long as you have a good tune, friends of mine have the greddy emanage... very shitty system indeed

how much hp do you have at the moment now ? ( i dont know wht you have foir bol-ons)

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
7psi is fine if your Air/Fuel ratio is good.....regardless of what your using! Just tune it, thats the most important thing.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
but dont use emanage or safc... seriously.

DIY the right way - via CROME.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i ran 6psi on a stock block for 3 months tuned on crome.

i cracked my ringlands.

I've since rebuilt with all forged internals (crower and wiseco)

Make sure you tune part throttle. My tune at wide open throttle was just fine but it was my part throttle a/f ratios that got lean and eventually did me in.

CROME
TUNE

i made 178hp/187tq on 6psi, straight T3, FMIC tuned on crome

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
yea.. the ringlands on the stock pistons are SUCK.... not surprised.. i broke mine too, when i boosted the stock block.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
as they have all said tune tune tune, also u can can squeak by on 6-8 psi with a good tune on stock block, but i would save for some forged pistons and stuff for later cause once u go boost you will never want to go back

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Ultra true... driving my NA lude is the Suck.... but the boosted one is broken right now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh believe me this projest, im not trying to cut corners but i will be getting a set of pistons from weiscoe just not yet... do you have to give them one of your pistons so they can make you one? thats what i heard

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm running 10psi on mine. The motor has done 205 000km and has not been touched at all. Just put bigger injector in, and a Link computer. Got it dyno tuned by Speedtech motorsport

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
planeman01 said:
i ran 6psi on a stock block for 3 months tuned on crome.

i cracked my ringlands.

I've since rebuilt with all forged internals (crower and wiseco)

Make sure you tune part throttle. My tune at wide open throttle was just fine but it was my part throttle a/f ratios that got lean and eventually did me in.

CROME
TUNE

i made 178hp/187tq on 6psi, straight T3, FMIC tuned on crome
Did you have a wideband 24/7 or did you just use it for tuning?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jdm bb6 said:
1 lb of boost = arguable 8 to 10 hp gain

if your compression is and some change or lower you should be completely fine, as long as you have a good tune, friends of mine have the greddy emanage... very shitty system indeed

how much hp do you have at the moment now ? ( i dont know wht you have foir bol-ons)

sorry dude i must have missed your post. the engine is stock, sitting on a stand and waiting to be put in the car, i gotta finish the carb- fi swap first

·
Not a Dude.
926 Posts
I've been running 7-11psi for over a year now. No issues since I've been running Hondata. A good tune is necessary though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red89LudeSi said:
I've been running 7-11psi for over a year now. No issues since I've been running Hondata. A good tune is necessary though.

and your definitly running entierly stock internals?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts