Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Is the motor built or is it all stock internally? I love SC builds!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the motor built or is it all stock internally? I love SC builds!
I think that is going to be "Shocker5thgen's SC 3.0 build, we'll get into that sometime later after I get to Dyno and have a chart posted I'll start a teaser/build thread for the motor/internals. But it's still stock as of now. Honestly pope this gives some people with the "stock" JR setup some ideas on how to upgrade besides the ENDYN pulley and a tune.

·
Sky's out, thighs out
7,826 Posts
What is your power goal with the internal build? I like sc's but they seem to be limited to about 250-300hp as far as I have seen.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your power goal with the internal build? I like sc's but they seem to be limited to about 250-300hp as far as I have seen.
My max power on the 6psi pulley was 220hp 200tq. My new new goal with the goodies I got and a fresh tune that is actually for the 9psi pulley would be 240-250hp 220-230 tq.On this stock block. I'm compiling something real special for after the engine buildup but I'm gonna stay hush hush about that till I have the stuff. We'll just say after I build the motor and change the setup again I want more than what I'll have with this setup i'm building/revealing now.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i LOVE the supercharger setups, but ive never seen someone hit 300 horse with one, even on e85, i just cant see spending that kind of money for that kinda power, that why i went turbo

·
Registered
221 Posts
you kept your Cruise control??? wow

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
220whp and 200tq? Wow I bet that is so much fun to drive!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
220whp and 200tq? Wow I bet that is so much fun to drive!
Yeah that was on 6psi. That's why I didn't just sell the s/c and go turbo. It's real fun. It's like a good balance. I just want a little more pull out of this setup. We'll see where I end up on the dyno. No doubt if you want big power numbers GO TURBO. The S/C is fun for a driver tho!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wow I would love a s/c! Im in for this build.

1 - 20 of 370 Posts