Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am rolling along the strip at about 40 when this guy in a 3000gt flies by me and yells "your car is slow" then gets the red light. I line up with him and first ask him if it was a VR4. it was not so we both launched. he pulled on me till VTEC then I caught him and held right next to him until I pulled away in 3rd. I guess he wont make the mistake of calling a lude slow again. lol

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
he was driving a 3000GT SL (SL stands for SLow). who calls someone's car slow when they are driving a near stock 3500 lb V6 car with barely 195 wheel hp? heh.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
finally. I've been so curious for the past while how The good old vtec holds against a 3000gt. i always thought they were hella fast. guess not.

Sweet kill!

·
Registered
848 Posts
3500!?!? the SL model weighs @ 326X according to the NADA manual, its the VR4 that is the pig.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Yea the VR4 is the one you have to watch out for...300hp/300 tq range stock and it's AWD. If they had made it around 3200 lbs it would have been superior to the Supra, NSX, 300ZX TT...alas the only AWD Jap super sport car from the 90's was a fat ass. :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
a kid i know has an SL and ended up behind me in my fifth gen. he was riding my ass, cuz we are both on my schools formula car design team so we are always talking about cars and our cars. well we pushed through traffic, and when we got out we were doing about 50 and i hit the gas vtec kicked in and i pulled on him pretty good. he went from on my bumper to about 4 cars back. i thought they were kinda quick but i guess not.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
good kill man..... you have to remember that you can buy vtech phones at wal-mart really cheap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
JLude said:
he was driving a 3000GT SL (SL stands for SLow). who calls someone's car slow when they are driving a near stock 3500 lb V6 car with barely 195 wheel hp? heh.

lol, well crafted...fuckin 3000's, a kid at my school put like 18's and then street glow on his automatic then tried to tell me my lude was slow...his street glow and chrome rims looked really cool from like 40 feet away in my rear view of course

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
v8 Killer said:
lol, well crafted...fuckin 3000's, a kid at my school put like 18's and then street glow on his automatic then tried to tell me my lude was slow...his street glow and chrome rims looked really cool from like 40 feet away in my rear view of course
:tongue2:

·
Registered
540 Posts
v8 Killer said:
My brother tried to tell me his 91 N/A Supra was 'fast'. Oh, and btw it's an automatic too.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
3000GT's are heavy and slow. I raced one a few months back, and out of 4 races, I killed him each time. I haven't raced the VR4 yet though. There aren't too many around my area

·
Registered
20 Posts
I drove one of my friends auto base model 3000gt and it was very slow. I dont think it would be to hard to smoke one. I was a bit dissappointed because Is a good looking car but nice kill man

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
3000GT guys get cocky because their car pulls on the low-end, and their sister's automatic civic DX doesn't.

And you'll have a hell of a time finding a VR4 to race because they're all driven by old farts.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts