Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the upper control arm and ball joint from a base fit onto an SH? This might be a stupid question but im not familar with the base suspension set up. Thanks

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
yes it'll fit....Sometimes people with Base put SH's UCA's to fix camber cause the SH's are a little bigger

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yes the base and SH have different upper control arms and different lower arms (the SH has TWO lower ball joints plus different swaybar/end links & radius arms). You can a buy a replacement upper ball joint for a base, but for an SH you have to buy the complete upper control arm to get the ball joint (they won't sell separate (kind of like for the base - to get the lower ball joint - you have to buy a knuckle, but an SH can buy them separate).
FYI - for anyone interested Carquest sells a TypeSH upper control arm with a 1 deg camber adjustable ball joint - and it's got a lifetime warranty. Last I checked it ran for $110. I can double check with them on the price and correct part# (if anyone who's lowered and experiencing tire wear wants me to).

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI - for anyone interested Carquest sells a TypeSH upper control arm with a 1 deg camber adjustable ball joint - and it's got a lifetime warranty. Last I checked it ran for $110. I can double check with them on the price and correct part# (if anyone who's lowered and experiencing tire wear wants me to).
I replaced the upper control arm and balljoints on my SH, and now the tires definitely wear extremely fast. If you can find that link that would be awesome. I was also thinking about getting the Eibach alignment kit that is offered on TireRack.com. The adjustable control arms may be a little cheaper. I'm running Tein basics but I cranked the height close to stock to stop my tires from eating themselves so quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts