Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am not really lookin to find info on how to do it as much as where to get the parts cheap or in general went thru ebay found nothin also how hard is it to do???

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wanna sell me yours???

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
The glass would be nice, but what sort of functional purpose does this support. Is it lighter than the 4th gen set-up?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its just nice to have glass and 4th gen sunroofs are natorious for rusting mine has a decent amount of nasty rust on it so i just want the glass... glass does not rust hahaha

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^that and prob just to say you did it

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Here's my before and after:

Looks a little nicer. Don't ask how my sunroof got like that in the first place. I bought the car like that and have no idea.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
man how did your roof get like that? lol but yeah that looks a lot better bro... i like it

·
SHELL SHOCK!
832 Posts
My guess on how your sunroof got like that, is the previouse owner bought it off someone, and assumed they rattlecanned over the glass, and tried to sand it off. That would just be my best guess though. Some people don't realize that the 4th gen didn't have a glass sunroof.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha maybe mine was faded and rusty ...painted it but still rusty cant wait to get a new one..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
now if your doing it all over again id go for the 5th gen conversion... i just plan on paintin my car... but maybe ill do this... looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i didnt think it was all too hard to do.. the 3rd brake light on the top of the rear window is necessary to cover up the frame from the 5th gen sunroof since it's longer than the 4th gen frame.. that's only if you want to keep the slider to be able to cover the glass up.. if you want to just put the glass on the 4th gen frame, it's easy.. that's what i did and i love it.. it's tinted just enough that even when the hot summer sun is shining through it it isn't noticeably blinding you or anything but yet you can still see out of it..

and yes, i would have to say the glass part weighs a little more than the metal 4th gen roof so the 5th gen frame and all weighs about 15 or so pounds more than the 4th gen full swap

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The glass would be nice, but what sort of functional purpose does this support. Is it lighter than the 4th gen set-up?
The 5th gen glass is maybe 20lbs as the 4th gen is only 15 or less.. So its not much of a difference in weight.

heres a write up with pics also where i got the weight from... I think i might do this once i get my car running right.. no sense in making it look nicer if it wont run the way it should :) haha.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f146/92-96-prelude-moonroof-conversion-install-guide-faq-213452/

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
5lb difference between the two??? i dunno man ill have to watch fast and the furious again to see what paul walker... i mean brian says about the wieght... wont i lose like 30hp for those 5lbs??? lol just playin of course

1 - 18 of 18 Posts