Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone committed to leaving their 5th Gen completely stock or only doing upgrades / parts replacements with Honda OEM parts? I can't be the only one. I have a 1998 5th Gen w/ 45k miles on it. Everything on it original. The only thing I've added was the OEM rear sunshade, and I replaced all the suspension with the OEM stuff.

Anyone else committed to leaving their Prelude stock/OEM?

·
Registered
433 Posts
not me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Stock? pffft.. yeah i think you are the only one.. at least on pp.com.. or well maybe the newbies...

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
I think Mike (Honda4Life) has done this for the most part. I really dont think anyone else has done this much, unless not having money to buy parts and having to leave it stock counts for some people lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
not me either. only tune-up parts i go with oem. y go with oem suspension when their is a wide variety of aftermarket parts that are twice as good and last twice as long? :jehon:

·
Registered
759 Posts
his ksport (or f2 or d2 whatever the orange one is) is definately not stock.. his rims (while being honda) aren't really stock either.. his horns aren't stock.. and a few tidbits here and there... but he holds up an oem theme pretty well, sexy car

op: plz pm me with a link to the full size img of your avatar. thx <3

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
lol
damn i would leave the exterior stock but i cant leave the suspension stock.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Anyone committed to leaving their 5th Gen completely stock or only doing upgrades / parts replacements with Honda OEM parts? I can't be the only one.
I think you may be lol. There's only so much you can do and so far you can go. A friend of mine plans on putting mainly Honda parts lilke S2K rims, S2K steering wheel, Type R shift boot, etc (things like that).

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
seems like you're on your own with keeping it stock

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
honestly i LOVE the "clean" stock look... so i disagree with varying TOO much from stock...
but like my car with jdm fogs, rear EDM fog, front OEM lip, custom roof spoiler, retrofitted fx projector headlights...
no one can tell its not a factory honda... it only looks sexy as fuck and i cant wait to add more to it!!

by the way preludes look kinda lame on stock suspension height without lip kit or anything to bring it down a little :(.. just my opinion.

but HEYYY look at the bright side.. ur car with stock parts will prolly outlast some of ours with the aftermarket parts and i promise you, you've saved yourself a lot of grief and hours of labor fixing and getting everything aftermarket justtt right.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have loved the prelude since the first time I drove my friends stock 97 base stick shift back in 99 and that's why it was the first car I bought but, I just couldn't stand being beat by cars that looked way uglier than mine in stock trim like the SRT4 neon, evo, sti, mustang ect ect..... that is why I decided to bump up the hp a bit so I could have the great looks AND the go to compliment the show

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
mine is stock...Completely stock... lol

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
honetly, i sometimes wish my lude was back stock. So i could start it off again with the knowledge accumilated over the years. *sigh*

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Fack that...MY SHIT IS BOOSTED, dropped, and unreliable!!! I heart my lude!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting. I've always been that way with my cars, I only upgrade them w/ OEM if possible or leave it stock. I can say one thing for sure, it does help with resale value, especially with desirable cars.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts