Honda Prelude Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
6,723 Posts
Driving with an adjustable balljoint and not immediately getting an alignment is really bad. Replacing a normal balljoint or any major suspension component and not getting an alignemnt... just asking for tire wear.

Yes, as mentioned they are 2 different sizes.

And maybe it's just the SH, but i know the last 3 base models i installed uppers on - front vs rear were different diameter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea there's a slight difference in diameter all your balljoints will need pressed in. Theres a reason why they have different numbers on the front lower forward and front lower rearward balljoints. If your watching you tube like I was when I was rebuilding mine, you'll see someone is doing thier balljoints and one just literally slid into the hole while the other needed pressed in. Don't be fooled by that video it is not the correct balljoints used for the one that just slid in. Just be sure you read the descriptions if your ordering parts off the interwebs lol. And the upper balljoint is the same on all 4 corners. The rear lower balljoints are for sure the part numbers listed for rear lower balljoints in this thread. Good luck and when your done with the sh, you'll enjoy the car just as much as I do.
The 2 lower drivers side ball joints were both replaced with 51220-SL5-013. They were both pressed in. Diameter looked the same :( confused...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend replacing both joints at the same time (both lowers, both uppers or all four). Another item that should be checked when ball joints are replaced is the stud hole in the steering knuckle — especially if the ball joint stud has broken or is loose. mybkexperience mcdvoice

61 - 64 of 64 Posts