Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5118 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
hi... i wanted to know of any good scratch removers on the market....the previous owner wasnt too careful with the rear bumper...

The only thing I have used is "Scratch Doctor" and it seemed to work good, but only on fine or minor scratches.

also.. how can i remove the prelude letters on the back as well as the Vtec sticker withouth damaging the paint?

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255711

thanks for the response...
Read the red. :)

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
5spd all the way for a fun, sporty, driver's car like these. Personally, I like manual in almost anything, but these are definitely cars to get a 5spd in if you can. And with Preludes, the auto's suck, anyway, just ask anyone who has one. Not that the car is that bad, but the SS tranny is weak, slow, heavy, unreliable, and completely prevents you from making the car any faster.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Coolant/ Power sterring fluid?

im about to change the power sterring fluid and the coolant all i need to know is how much of each should i get? i cant seem to find it anywhere, all i see is people saying fill em till its full so if u know or where i can find out that would be great

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i took off the metal plate and there are two square ecu looking boxes is it the one on the left or the right i need to splice into the one that controls the vtec
can't see ur pics...but its the one on the right

·
Registered
508 Posts
for those tat dont know... i was involved in an accident...
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256200
but my question is...

my 5th gen's frame is bent inwards... if u guys can make it out from the pictures..
so... is it possibel for our frames to be reworked/bent back instead of it being replaced...?
also... is it expensive to do tat?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
My lude burns 1qt of conventional oil in about 3000 miles. I'd say that is about average for a prelude with 125k. I wouldn't worry unless it burns 1 quart every 500 miles or something. BTW, I drive like a normal luder, aka some vtec. :smilejap:

well, i wud have to say with daily driving, the usage of hitting vtec at least once a day or so...prolly about 3 months and im about 1/4 -1/2 down. Depends how hard and how often i hit vtec and my driving habits are. Sumtimes it never goes down or hardly and sumtimes its pretty low.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Posted for member Ark86

"Hey guys, I am currently running Mobile 1 5w-30 fully synthetic in my car. I feel better about doing this in the winter time here in Ohio since it can get pretty cold. Should I switch to 10w-30 in the summer? I know that 5w-30 should be fine but would switching between two viscosities be hard on the engine? Maybe I won't burn as much 10w-30? (I burn about 3/4 of a quart of 5w-30 in 3000 miles now, not bad I know but it could be better) Would it be ok to switch to 10w-30 in the summer or should I still stick with 5w-30? It just seems so thin sometimes...although they should be the same viscosity when warmed up right? (See the link JLude posted a while back about oil viscosities).

Thanks."

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im a newbie with a 00 prelude. Im getting ready to add an exhaust and a intake soon and was lookin for some recomendations on some other stuff i should add on as well.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Im a newbie with a 00 prelude. Im getting ready to add an exhaust and a intake soon and was lookin for some recomendations on some other stuff i should add on as well.
Check this thread for bolt on mods. <---blake's, you should listen to him,

As for intakes and exhausts, check the resource thread. There is a picture thread of exhausts, a thread for exhaust clips, as well as some clips of the V2 intake among other goodies.

All of which are stickies

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Yeah, the resource thread is the shit, many of us have spent alot of time putting together some great articles for it, so check it out.

As far as oil goes, yeah, you should be fine with 10W30 if ya want, hell, I've still got some in my car now. Though 5W30 would work fine, remember that non-synthetic 5W30 Mobil1 is the OEM Honda oil (you have to buy the Mobil 1 5000, everything else from them is synthetic).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question. My prelude temp gauge never went over the half way point. But now its going over the half way mark up about to the top of the thermostat on dash. This has not been happening all the time but it does happen when I am sitting idle for awhile sometime. But once the fans come on it goes back down to the normal spot. Is my thermostat going out. Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok heres a question that I have for you guys: How much horse will the greedy bolt on turbo give ur lude? (the 50 state legal one)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have a question. My prelude temp gauge never went over the half way point. But now its going over the half way mark up about to the top of the thermostat on dash. This has not been happening all the time but it does happen when I am sitting idle for awhile sometime. But once the fans come on it goes back down to the normal spot. Is my thermostat going out. Thanks for the Help.
that or your water pump.

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Go with cheaper stuff first. First, make sure your radiator is actually full. Then make sure your rad. cap is working. Then, get a new Honda thermostat by PM'ing the pp.com user Honda4Life. If that doesn't work, PM him for a water pump. Don't use cheap Autozone shit on Preludes, Honda Genuine Parts ftw!

41 - 60 of 5118 Posts