Honda Prelude Forum banner
5181 - 5185 of 5185 Posts

·
Registered
White 2001 Prelude SE
1 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 2001 SE that came with only one key and no fob, I've seen some fobs on amazon that look similar to the one in the owners manual but they have a trunk button and a panic button.
Would these work? Or do I have to get a used OEM one?
Thanks

P.S
What is the best thing to do to get spare keys made? Can they still be "paired" with the car if I don't have the dealer key number plate /learning key?

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 2001 SE that came with only one key and no fob, I've seen some fobs on amazon that look similar to the one in the owners manual but they have a trunk button and a panic button.
Would these work? Or do I have to get a used OEM one?
Thanks

P.S
What is the best thing to do to get spare keys made? Can they still be "paired" with the car if I don't have the dealer key number plate /learning key?
Dealers and locksmiths can make a"T5" key copy, which is a immobilizer key that can have a code copied onto it.

As for fob, the older Honda fob with a simple lock/unlock is your best bet. I unfortunately cannot remember if they all pair the same or if it needs to be Prelude specific. I'm pretty sure they are still available from Honda either way.

Reactions: Snowlude

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, newbie hear, was lookin at mugen exhausts but they appear to be discontinued, looking for an exhaust setup that's preferably just a bolt on catback and a set of headers, was wondering what were some good exhaust setups for a deep moan (basically none of that raspy shit that non-Honda owners say we are notorious for.). I have a 2001 Honda Prelude base model.

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
Hey guys, newbie hear, was lookin at mugen exhausts but they appear to be discontinued, looking for an exhaust setup that's preferably just a bolt on catback and a set of headers, was wondering what were some good exhaust setups for a deep moan (basically none of that raspy shit that non-Honda owners say we are notorious for.). I have a 2001 Honda Prelude base model.

A used Mugen or an Invidia Q300 as far as bolt-ons go. Unsure on what header options are out there anymore, Vibrant was a nice bolt on a few years ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2001 Prelude SH with approx 73,000 miles. I've always taken very good care of it, but can no longer see well enough or get my hands to work well enough to work on my own cars other than oil changes and tire rotations.
I have a small oil leak (a few drops on a piece of cardboard in my garage). I don't really trust the local Honda dealer to fix it, I doubt there is anybody there anymore who's ever seen one let alone worked on one.
My question... Does anyone know of a good Prelude mechanic around the Finger Lakes or Southern Tier of NY? Even North Central PA would work.

5181 - 5185 of 5185 Posts