Honda Prelude Forum banner
5181 - 5184 of 5184 Posts

·
Registered
White 2001 Prelude SE
1 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 2001 SE that came with only one key and no fob, I've seen some fobs on amazon that look similar to the one in the owners manual but they have a trunk button and a panic button.
Would these work? Or do I have to get a used OEM one?
Thanks

P.S
What is the best thing to do to get spare keys made? Can they still be "paired" with the car if I don't have the dealer key number plate /learning key?

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 2001 SE that came with only one key and no fob, I've seen some fobs on amazon that look similar to the one in the owners manual but they have a trunk button and a panic button.
Would these work? Or do I have to get a used OEM one?
Thanks

P.S
What is the best thing to do to get spare keys made? Can they still be "paired" with the car if I don't have the dealer key number plate /learning key?
Dealers and locksmiths can make a"T5" key copy, which is a immobilizer key that can have a code copied onto it.

As for fob, the older Honda fob with a simple lock/unlock is your best bet. I unfortunately cannot remember if they all pair the same or if it needs to be Prelude specific. I'm pretty sure they are still available from Honda either way.

Reactions: Snowlude

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, newbie hear, was lookin at mugen exhausts but they appear to be discontinued, looking for an exhaust setup that's preferably just a bolt on catback and a set of headers, was wondering what were some good exhaust setups for a deep moan (basically none of that raspy shit that non-Honda owners say we are notorious for.). I have a 2001 Honda Prelude base model.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Hey guys, newbie hear, was lookin at mugen exhausts but they appear to be discontinued, looking for an exhaust setup that's preferably just a bolt on catback and a set of headers, was wondering what were some good exhaust setups for a deep moan (basically none of that raspy shit that non-Honda owners say we are notorious for.). I have a 2001 Honda Prelude base model.

A used Mugen or an Invidia Q300 as far as bolt-ons go. Unsure on what header options are out there anymore, Vibrant was a nice bolt on a few years ago.

5181 - 5184 of 5184 Posts