Honda Prelude Forum banner

5141 - 5146 of 5146 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Type SH, looking for the best cheap exhaust setups. Thinking about a res delete, is this a good idea or should I look into other options for cheap sounds?

·
Administrator
6,515 Posts
2001 Type SH, looking for the best cheap exhaust setups. Thinking about a res delete, is this a good idea or should I look into other options for cheap sounds?
You get what you pay for. Cheap will get you a horrible sound. Just keep the car stock until you need to upgrade due to a failure - or purchase a known good exhaust system such as Invidia or Mugen etc.

Side note; you'll never hear the exhaust anyway. Just a low noise beneath you. If you want to hear noise, just get a hot air or cold air intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, new driver and Honda owner here. I've got myself a 98 Prelude in fair condition, good interior. 170,xxx miles. Owner says she rebuilt the transmission, we'll see.

My problem is my driver's side headlight will not turn on. The low beams do not work either. When I switch it all the way the passenger side comes on both bulbs. There is what I am assuming a missing wire connection on the driver's side. The red connector goes into the l shaped connector (missing on driver's side) and has an extra red wire I cannot find on the driver's side. Pictures included.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,515 Posts
Hey guys, new driver and Honda owner here. I've got myself a 98 Prelude in fair condition, good interior. 170,xxx miles. Owner says she rebuilt the transmission, we'll see.

My problem is my driver's side headlight will not turn on. The low beams do not work either. When I switch it all the way the passenger side comes on both bulbs. There is what I am assuming a missing wire connection on the driver's side. The red connector goes into the l shaped connector (missing on driver's side) and has an extra red wire I cannot find on the driver's side. Pictures included.

Aftermarket headlights. You're better off getting a set of DEPO or TYC OEM replacement headlights. The ones with the halo's or LED's tend to have electrical issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, the regular ones would probably preform better. Assuming they would have lowbeams and high. Would the missing electrical connection be an issue with the OEM, because I looked up the aftermarket ones with the sticker on them and theyre designed with OEM plug and play so the OEM would likely be the same setup, I'll have to do my research thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, the regular ones would probably preform better. Assuming they would have lowbeams and high. Would the missing electrical connection be an issue with the OEM, because I looked up the aftermarket ones with the sticker on them and theyre designed with OEM plug and play so the OEM would likely be the same setup, I'll have to do my research thanks.
I'm glad I posted this in the noob thread; both headlights work high beams only it was a 20 amp fuse

5141 - 5146 of 5146 Posts