Honda Prelude Forum banner
5141 - 5160 of 5184 Posts

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
2001 Type SH, looking for the best cheap exhaust setups. Thinking about a res delete, is this a good idea or should I look into other options for cheap sounds?
You get what you pay for. Cheap will get you a horrible sound. Just keep the car stock until you need to upgrade due to a failure - or purchase a known good exhaust system such as Invidia or Mugen etc.

Side note; you'll never hear the exhaust anyway. Just a low noise beneath you. If you want to hear noise, just get a hot air or cold air intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, new driver and Honda owner here. I've got myself a 98 Prelude in fair condition, good interior. 170,xxx miles. Owner says she rebuilt the transmission, we'll see.

My problem is my driver's side headlight will not turn on. The low beams do not work either. When I switch it all the way the passenger side comes on both bulbs. There is what I am assuming a missing wire connection on the driver's side. The red connector goes into the l shaped connector (missing on driver's side) and has an extra red wire I cannot find on the driver's side. Pictures included.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Hey guys, new driver and Honda owner here. I've got myself a 98 Prelude in fair condition, good interior. 170,xxx miles. Owner says she rebuilt the transmission, we'll see.

My problem is my driver's side headlight will not turn on. The low beams do not work either. When I switch it all the way the passenger side comes on both bulbs. There is what I am assuming a missing wire connection on the driver's side. The red connector goes into the l shaped connector (missing on driver's side) and has an extra red wire I cannot find on the driver's side. Pictures included.

Aftermarket headlights. You're better off getting a set of DEPO or TYC OEM replacement headlights. The ones with the halo's or LED's tend to have electrical issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, the regular ones would probably preform better. Assuming they would have lowbeams and high. Would the missing electrical connection be an issue with the OEM, because I looked up the aftermarket ones with the sticker on them and theyre designed with OEM plug and play so the OEM would likely be the same setup, I'll have to do my research thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, the regular ones would probably preform better. Assuming they would have lowbeams and high. Would the missing electrical connection be an issue with the OEM, because I looked up the aftermarket ones with the sticker on them and theyre designed with OEM plug and play so the OEM would likely be the same setup, I'll have to do my research thanks.
I'm glad I posted this in the noob thread; both headlights work high beams only it was a 20 amp fuse

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie here. Glad I've found this forum. You guys are extremely helpful as far as I've read. So as many threads before I bought my 2001 prelude h22a VTech and someone attempted to steal the car not knowing about the immobilizer. Completely destroyed my column tore it to pieces. And of course my keys were taken from the garage as well. I jumped the starter to where it cranks. Removed the chip from the ECU and PGM FI is fine but removed it and jumped the fuel pumped and the connectors to get it to prime but cannot get the fuel injectors to pulse. So crank with spark and fuel but of course no start. Ordered the DEI 555I CHIP back in July but thanks to corona shipment will come Sept. 21st. I need this thing to fire up even if temporarily to move around. It's ruined my income. I know from what I read nothing is posted for thief's. Is there any one that has any pointers besides the obvious bypass please message me. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was a way to bypass it without a chip. I personally wouldn't have touched the ecu..

Your other option is to convert to obd1. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with doing so, but it points you in the right direction

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, there,

I am new to the forum. I am interested in getting a couple of rear deck decals for my pearl white 2000 Honda Prelude SH. The part numbers are as follow:

(1) 75725S30A11ZA, Sticker: (Type VB) - DOHC VTEC
(2) 75723S30A11ZB, Sticker: (Type VB) - TYPE SH

Both should be in dark gray metallic color.

I've noticed that these OEM decals are completely out of stock. I've found a website that sells aftermarket ones, but I am not sure if these look authentic or not. This is what I've found:

What do you think? Anyone has experienced this? Better yet, does anyone know where I could buy the OEM ones?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i have a 1998 honda prelude I'm getting no spark so my car cranks and gets no spark so it doesn't turn on i changed the ignition coil the distributor the spark plug wires I checked the fuses I changed the main relay I made sure everything is plugged in and still no spark
need help??

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
hi i have a 1998 honda prelude I'm getting no spark so my car cranks and gets no spark so it doesn't turn on i changed the ignition coil the distributor the spark plug wires I checked the fuses I changed the main relay I made sure everything is plugged in and still no spark
need help??

Any recent work done to the vehicle?

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Hey everyone,

I Have had a recent issue of water leaking into my passenger backseat. I got my 5th gen a year ago and ive never had this issue before. Has anyone found a solution?
Sunroof drains or tail light seals leaking into the trunk and causing water to splash beneath the rear seat - very common issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1998 Honda Prelude Base Model. I actually thought it was the SH model when I bought it. I didn't know much about Prelude's 12 years ago. Anyway, I let the car go to waste for many years after having trouble with the idling about 4 years ago. Due to my situation. I ended up having to repair it recently. I'll be getting the car back painted and running next week. Just waiting on the AC to get filled and the final polish. My issue is, about 4 years ago I bought the stock suspension because the suspension kit that came with the vehicle was aftermarket and had somehow warped. I don't know what causes a suspension to go bad. But every wheel had a different distance from the lip of the car. A noticeable difference. So I decided to buy the stock shocks for the time being as they were a bit higher than the Koni suspension that the car actually came with. I am no longer living in Mexico and no longer need the car lifted to its stock height. So my question is, can I put the Koni Struts and Shocks back on the Prelude and simply buy new springs for it? Or what is it that cause the vehicle to get so unbalanced. From what I was told the shocks and struts still work. Would replacing the Springs solve my problem? Or do those struts and shocks have to be adjusted in order for it to work? I saw some Megan Racing Springs and what thinking about buying those and putting them on the Koni Suspension. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the vehicle took many years without any movement I'm guessing this is what caused the problem. I'll post some pics. I have an AEM Intake, Eagle Connecting Rods (from after a repair) But since I bought them they have not needed to be replaced much better quality than the original. The car overheated when I had bought the car and warped the Heads apparently. So they had to file the heads(cabezas) and the block down, which I was told created higher compression. I'm not sure what you call las cabezas in English. The new bottom block came from a Japanese Si I was told. I ended up buying the whole bottom block from the guy because I actually needed the cranshaft. But the bottom block was apparently better than my base one. I don't know much about cars tho. Besides that I don't really have any performance parts on it. Except for the Mishimoto Radiator which I bought after the stock one cracked and overheated my car which caused all the first repairs. Anyways, I have had my car for a long time. I love it. I might buy an extra if I can. But apparently they are much more expensive now. I remember buying this one for $3,000 back in the day. Hopefully you all can help me solve my Suspension questions.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Yes, you can install new springs on Koni shocks. Koni work with mild lowering springs or even OEM replacements. Also be sure to set the suspension preload - any reputable alignment shop can do that.

Don't forget to inspect the shocks for any leaks etc.

Reactions: Alfeezy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, you can install new springs on Koni shocks. Koni work with mild lowering springs or even OEM replacements. Also be sure to set the suspension preload - any reputable alignment shop can do that.

Don't forget to inspect the shocks for any leaks etc.
Thank you, will do. I really miss how that old suspension feels compared to the stock one. Would you know if Megan Racing Springs are considered a good brand or should I spend a bit more on something more reputable?

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Thank you, will do. I really miss how that old suspension feels compared to the stock one. Would you know if Megan Racing Springs are considered a good brand or should I spend a bit more on something more reputable?
I personally have no experience with their springs, but have used other products from them without issue. Check into some reviews, if any for the specific springs.

Reactions: Alfeezy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably a really dumb question but here goes. I bought a 1998 honda prelude from a guy and when he sold it to me he said it would need a new oil pan gasket. However, when I pulled the pan to install the new one there wasn't a gasket there at all. Well now I put a gasket on the pan and it seems like it is leaking more. There is supposed to be a gasket on the oil pan correct? Or no....

5141 - 5160 of 5184 Posts