Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I bought a 98 Prelude with 38K miles on it about a month ago and have been doing work on it ever since. I bought the car in pristine stock condition and I have just been adding tweaks here and there. So far, I have put on an AEM cold air intake, koni coilovers, neuspeed springs, new stereo, and speakers. The car came with some aftermarket headlights, not exactly sure what they are and also an exhaust that I can't seem to find a name on. The car runs beautifully and I'm so glad I sold my 96 Camaro 3.8L (Cheap drift cannon) for this thing. I really enjoy working on the car and I'm glad to be part of prelude nation. I decided to join the forum cause I'm looking for a great community of people talking about their car who will give me ideas, help me with my problems, and maybe cruise with me if you're in the chicagoland area. Would be awesome if anyone in the chicago area wanted to meet up cause I don't really have many friends that are into cars so it would be cool to have a few. Also, I'm sort of a noob so it would be great to learn some things from people on here. Anyways, I wanted to here your guys thoughts on my car, what I have done to it, and anything you would recommend that I do to it. I know everyone's case is different but if you have done something to your prelude that you have absolutely loved and think that everyone should do it to theirs, let me know. I'm always looking for ideas on things to do to my car and always looking for help. So far, I would like to paint my valve cover and I would like to get Advan RG's when spring rolls around (or rims that look similar, love the 6 spoke). Basically, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a first time prelude owner. Thinks I should look out for, things I should do to it, etc. Also, I am aware that a great deal of preludes have an issue with burning oil, is there an oil out there that you guys prefer that seems to work better than most? Honestly, just looking for little suggestions here and there. Really hyped to be a part of this forum and really hyped on this car. I also would like to thank everyone in advance that reads this thread and gives me some suggestions. Your help is very appreciated. Thanks, Duncan.

·
Administrator
6,799 Posts
Welcome!

Beautiful car, honestly and you will hear it from many of us that have modified our cars, I wouldn't change a thing besides the headlights to something more stock.

Finding an unmolsted Prelude is getting harder and harder to come by. I don't recommend using the sport mode as that can reduce the life of the automatic transmission.

You should have all of the fluids flushed; brake, power steering, oil, coolant, transmission. Unless the previous owner had kept up with them.

Chicago area has a few luders, not as many are active as there once were (social media has diverted many away). However check the regionals section for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts