Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! First time post on here, and I was looking for some help. I have a 5th gen, blue top swap. We swapped all the timing related items from the previous engine, h22a4. When we put on the belt and what not, it was basically a papers thickness away from the engine. We took it all apart and looked it over, everything is there, all the washers etc. Iam using a new automatic tensioner from the gates timing belt kit for the h22a4 while my manual tensioner is in the mail.
Nothing looks bent, everything should be fine, Iam very confused why it’s doing this.
Note, it doesn’t walk anywhere, it just sits close to the engine.

·
Administrator
6,798 Posts
First thought is you're not using the crank gear from the H22a4. It has a built in washer that keeps the belt from walking back towards the engine.

Are you rotating the engine counter clockwise by hand after setting tension? It's not a great photo to go by so i'm just taking a stab in the dark here.

Reactions: EVILBIRD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thought is you're not using the crank gear from the H22a4. It has a built in washer that keeps the belt from walking back towards the engine.

Are you rotating the engine counter clockwise by hand after setting tension? It's not a great photo to go by so i'm just taking a stab in the dark here.
Yeah I’ll take a better pic of it later today. We switched over the crank gear and it’s still the same issue.

yeah, sorry for poor photo. But yes and yes. We have the crank gear on, and rotated the engine CC by hand. I honestly don’t understand what’s goin on, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts