Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to order an eclipse avn 6620 for my 97 SH. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html?showAll=N&search=avn+6620&tp=144

I have searched but I have not found the exact answer to my question. How does a double din unit fit inside the stock opening, do i need to purchase a separate bracket to hold it in place? I currently have a very dated single din Sony deck with the appropriate hardware and pocket. I have never installed one of these and I want to make sure that I have everything ready to go when it comes time to install without having to go back and order anything else. Thanks for the input, it is definitley appreciated.
-Brendan

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
I am about to order an eclipse avn 6620 for my 97 SH. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html?showAll=N&search=avn+6620&tp=144

I have searched but I have not found the exact answer to my question. How does a double din unit fit inside the stock opening, do i need to purchase a separate bracket to hold it in place? I currently have a very dated single din Sony deck with the appropriate hardware and pocket. I have never installed one of these and I want to make sure that I have everything ready to go when it comes time to install without having to go back and order anything else. Thanks for the input, it is definitley appreciated.
-Brendan
For a 5th gen, shouldn't need anything. The stock is double DIN. Mine fit perfectly.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Same here. I used an aftermarket kit and it actually lined up worse than with the stock brackets. I had them switched back and it's all good now :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
it fits on the stock bracket, which the radio itself should have holes that line up to it.

u might just need like the trimming to cover any open area around the radio itself.

ill post a pic brb.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
that was the AVIC-D2. i've since sold it.. but the navi was great. as the models got newer the features have been near perfection.

look into avic-700 or something. forgot the name.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
the avic nola has is FTW.

slick ass navi, ipod control like whoa, u can watch videos from ipod. if its the 700, then it has a dvd player...built in blue tooth. shit comes decked out.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
the avic nola has is FTW.

slick ass navi, ipod control like whoa, u can watch videos from ipod. if its the 700, then it has a dvd player...built in blue tooth. shit comes decked out.
Yea it has DVD, bluetooth, Ipod, Backup camera, etc. I got it for $600 shipped about a year ago. I love it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
the pioneer f700 does not play dvds...it is am fm cd nav bluetooth ipod but does not play an actual dvd. you would have to use sd card ipod or some other video input

the best is the f90bt which is a premier line with better pre amp out put and a 2 yr warrenty or the f900 which in the non premier version

check you local dealers because pioneer is offering an instant 200 dollar rebate on them

they are a great unit full of featues...make sure you get the upgraded 2.0 version

1 - 20 of 31 Posts