Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 5th gen for a DD as my new job is about an hour commute each way and my ls400 doesn't need the miles or fuel efficient enough to be up for it.

I'm looking for the BEST or BEST for the price intake/header/catback.
I'm looking at RMF for the header and any cold air will probably work with the intake I'm guessing. Not familiar with which company(s) make the best gains as far as cat-backs go on preludes, going with simple vafc tuning. Hoping for 190whp. I do like h22 exhaust notes compared to all 4 cyl cars in conjuction with the s2k, which I've owned in the past with a very loud 70mm exhaust.

I'm also planning on building a n/a h22a powered 4 door cb7 within the next 6 months as a track car and something reliable I can beat on. I've looked on the cb7 forum a little. I'm obviously going to need a 4th gen obI engine, what is the best source for one of these? Does the si/si-vtec transmission bolt-up to cb7 easily? I know the last one may be out of place, but I've seen a few h22 powered cb7's lurking here. Not planning on doing anything crazy with the motor, best bolt-ons, highest lift/duration street cams, slight boost in compression, some good tuning; going for 200whp and 13's in the 4dr cb7 with good tread.

Any advice or leads, even links to where I should be looking, is appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
it'll be tough to make 190whp with a vafc tune. it's not impossible, but it's hard and you'd need a very stong, healthy motor with low mileage.

i originally made 189 BEFORE i tuned it, and i have an rmf, 2.5" cat, catback, stage 2 cams, obd1 conversion, and i milled the crap out of the head. after i tuned it i'm making over 200 (with a few more bits & pieces)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
hmotorsonline is wonderful. Been great for myself, my roommate, and two friends. Our mechanic was impressed with them as well.

Roommate gots a h22cb7, it is a nice car :) He drives the fuck out of it, and its still going strong! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/ is great. Lots of info there. And they aren't such search nazi's there either(Although that might be 3rd gen specific).

He got a h22+manual transmission. Dropped right in. 5spd to 5spd though. Auto to 5spd took some welding. Had to move mounting brackets and a couple other things, but its documented. Check http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/

·
Registered
54 Posts
hmotorsonline is a great site for motors......me and a friend got our motors there also and they have been awsome. the shop said they were the cleanest they have ever seen come in. great site.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts