Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals I've joined forces with a great local shop in the awd business ( S1built ) and have purchased kits from them before for my crx and ek. I've been talking with them for months now and have given them the go ahead to start the creation. They said the kit will be in the ball park of $ 2,600 to $ 2,800 depending on what materials you want. Mild steel , stainless steel or chromoly. If I can get enough orders they will give me a discount code. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been considering the same thing for sometime now... How are you planning on doing the AWD conversion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My good friends at s1built are gonna get rear measurements and build a custom rear subframe similar to the civic chassis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will it bolt onto the the 5th Gen Chassis and how do you plan to link the front wheels to the rear wheels, obviously the transmission will have to change... I'm partial to my H22A engine so I don't think I want to change that...
1. Is there a AWD manual transmission that will mate seamlessly to the H22A..?
2. If we find that all we'll need to do is to take the entire drivetrain from that Honda/Acura platform and swap it into the 5th Gen Prelude frame with minor fabrication and we'll be off to the races.
3. We'll still use your boys from S1 Built to do the fabrication.

Let me know your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts