Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Wow. Wonder how that compares to SH? At least the 4ws doesn't suddenly kick in mid-corner with no warning.
Good stuff :emthup:

Edit: link doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow!

Thats just amazing... I love it... I'm jealous... I want to slant my eyes and move to japan for that car!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Preluding said:
Wow!

Thats just amazing... I love it... I'm jealous... I want to slant my eyes and move to japan for that car!
Why slant your eyes? People in Asia get plastic surgery to un-slant their eyes. You might get scouted as a movie star or something just for having round eyes :D

Besides, if you go to Japan you'll be on the wrong side of the world to see that car. It's got euro plates.

(since the link dosen't seem to be working, is that a factory option or did he convert it from 3rd or 4th gen 4ws?)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Wow. More cool shit we don't get in North America. Wonder what SH 4WS would be like... crazy autocross :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
(since the link dosen't seem to be working, is that a factory option or did he convert it from 3rd or 4th gen 4ws?)
i believe some euro 5th gens did come with 4ws. That would be one hell of a conversion from a previous gen...

I was learning about 4ws in class (steering and suspension) and basically the book said that it was the most complicated system, steering-wise. The rears only move about 10 deg each way(i dont know exactly on the lude, thats the number the book gave you)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Not as complicated as the nissan setup, though. Electronics trying to decide if you want to switch lanes or turn tightly. I like the purely mechanical link between the front and rear steering on the preludes. You always know how it's gonna work.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Not as complicated as the nissan setup, though. Electronics trying to decide if you want to switch lanes or turn tightly. I like the purely mechanical link between the front and rear steering on the preludes. You always know how it's gonna work.
true.. that book was printed back in 99, so Im sure theres way more complicated stuff now

I love electronics to death but I still think a mechanical link is best (unless it breaks) :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Unfortunately 4G and 5G Prelude 4WS systems are just like every other manufacturer's setup... electronic with a computer. Why do you think there are 4G's with blinking 4WS lights and broken systems? Too bad they didn't realize what a good thing they had with the all-mech system.

(This question has probably been answered in the 4G forum, but anyway...) Has anyone tried auto-x'ing a 4G with 4WS? I wonder how the computer decides what you're doing at 60mph, seeing as usually the only thing you'd want at that speed is a lane change, not a tight corner...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
LudeeCrous said:
Factory on euro 5th gens that is.
But we also got had a 2.0l 5th gen with only 136hp. And I'm sad to say that it's the most common one. So there's not many with 4ws or vtec
ouch. you got shafted

I couldnt imagine a 5th gen without the H22. Thats just a robbery

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
omfg i want those rims
yeah those are teh pimp. What are they? Factory NSX fronts? Honda dealer option?

They could be aftermarket, but the lack of lip and the way the bolt holes are drilled into the flat face (instead of a sunken face like aftermarket wheels - makes multi-fitment production easier, i guess) says OEM.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
^i'm pretty sure they are oem wheels. i've seen them on ludes before, maybe they were a factory upgrade too. motegi wheels maybe? i can't remember, but i've seen them before.

that's a sweet 5g, and the 4ws is ice on the cake.

i love that color.. and the front bumper.. is that oem? it looks like its had a lip molded to it, but..... the bumper has somewhat different lines than straight oem.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Wow. Wonder how that compares to SH? At least the 4ws doesn't suddenly kick in mid-corner with no warning.
Good stuff :emthup:

Edit: link doesn't seem to work.
I have a SH.... It will school a SH big time!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts