Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling my bone stock, rust-free 1998 with 5 speed manual tranny. This Prelude is originally from Florida and has never been driven in salt.
So, there is no rust on the body or underneath.

Mileage is 108,600 miles. It leaks a little oil from the distributor O-ring, which I've been wanting to replace but haven't had time. It runs great and looks great inside and out. Even though it has a SH sticker on the trunk, it is not an SH model.

Located in northwest Ohio. Price is $9800. Check out what clean Preludes sell for on bringatrailer.com. Good time to buy since their value is increasing, and nice Preludes are tough to find.

Thanks for looking!

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle Gear shift Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover Car

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone has questions or a reasonable offer, PM me.

If you want to fly in from somewhere and roadtrip home, I could pick you up at the airport (Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, Fort Wayne airports are all within easy driving distance for me).

·
Registered
2001 Honda Prelude w/ 5-speed swap
5 Posts
Your title says 1998 Base model, but the decal on the back says typeSH, which seams to reflect the price tag... kinda. Is this actually an SH model? Also, what is the reason you're pricing this car (1998 Honda Prelude Type SH) more than $4k above it's market value? I get that it's in good shape and semi-rare, but it's not a diamond in the rough.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sanders858,

Market value is what clean examples are selling for. Check out recent actual sales on the website I mentioned in my original post. At least three 5th gen. Preludes have sold through that site in the past 6 months and all for well over $12,000.

Your question regarding the model is also addressed in the original posting.

Thanks again for looking.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have it but wouldn't sell it for $9800 anymore. I haven't tried selling it other than posting it on this forum in December.

It now has new tires, and mileage is a little over 109,200 (I don't drive it in the winter but have driven it some this spring since the roads are no longer salty). It's a fun car to drive!

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would consider a reasonable offer (more than $9800) and am happy to answer questions about the car but have not been actively trying to sell. Thanks.

The tires that were on it had almost full tread but were weather checked. So I jut had 4 new BF Goodrich tires installed.

It's a spare car for me, so I am careful about when and where I drive it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts