Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've been a 00 Lude (H22A4) owner for a few years now and I've just been doing the usual maintenance and big stuff you would do at just under 200k. I've been looking around and have seen some mixed opinions about builds. My question for you big engine guys that really know what's up. Should I stick with the H22A4 and sleeve it (stay true to the heart of the 5th gen Prelude) or just say fuck it and drop a whole different engine in it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
There’s a whole bunch of variables here. Like every time someone asks this same question and doesn’t give any plans on what they want the car to be. What are you going to “drop in it”?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Although I'm just looking for a base build, but I would like it to be possible for a daily. I'd have a suspension build for anything I want to do, not drag tho. Not for this car. Also, no idea what I'm gonna "drop in", that's why I'm asking lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, maybe around 400-500 HP? For the H22A4 engine, is that possible? With sleeves and forced induction? Under $10,000? Cuz at that point, I could just go to a junk lot or auction and get a totaled, newer car, that has a stock engine that already makes that, under $10,000. Or just the engine itself. But at that point it's gonna be more work, with fabrication and making my own wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts