Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my car back from the shop, it now has a 5spd, i love it

1. anyway, the power door locks dont work anymore and the fuse is not blown?

2. there is a chirping sound by my fromt left wheel when i drive, thought it was a bird at first

3. my tire rubs when i pull into or out of a drive way, also fromt drivers side...related...possibly?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
id take it back to the shop and make them look at it...if it didnt do it before then its likely something that they did...the chirping noise could just be a bad bushing though which could also be the reason for the tire rub...and for the locks it could be a short

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
97preludeN.O. said:

2. there is a chirping sound by my fromt left wheel when i drive, thought it was a bird at first

3. my tire rubs when i pull into or out of a drive way, also fromt drivers side...related...possibly?

thanks for the help
take the car back to the MECH and have them fully check your car out. do it asap or else other things might happen...

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Dude, take it back to them right away. That is one good thing about having the work done at a shop- you shouldn't have to mess with anything. If none of the problems were there before then the shop needs to fix them. Don't wait to bring it back to them either b/c the longer you wait the worse it could get.

* Don't know how they would have messed with the door locks, but wierder things have happened.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sonic boom did it for $750

i got another "problem" i think that the manual trans weighs more than the auto, is there anyway i could get stronger springs or dampners for this application so i dont bottom out whern i go over a bump?

·
Registered
534 Posts
97preludeN.O. said:

i got another "problem" i think that the manual trans weighs more than the auto, is there anyway i could get stronger springs or dampners for this application so i dont bottom out whern i go over a bump?
Thats not true, manual weights less, auto weights like 75lbs more.

It sounds like the shop did not install it right. Time to bitch Kev!:devil:

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
auto is WAY heavier, lol. Many more moving parts.

i'd take it back to the shop. They are the only ones who know EXACTLY what they did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
97preludeN.O. said:

thanks for the help
hi man i also want to do i 5speed swap and was wondering where you went and if you dont mind me asking can u either post or pm how much you paid.
i have a sweet deal on a 5 speed tranny. for like 800 is that a good price?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
97preludeN.O. said:

thats just for the installation? how much were all the parts actually and where did u order them from?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
sounds like the shop screwed up on the swap....I would look closely @ the suspension ,drive axles, mounts . as for the door locks they might have unpluged somthing by the fuse box as they had to install the pedals in .

that write up was pretty close to the T except the immobilizer paer as if you cut the grey wire and hook the immobilizer side of it up to one end of the clutch start switch and the other end to ground the immobilizer would lock the starter out like factory! and the auto ecu can be converter to manual by changing a jumper RP13 to RP14.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just used the writeup for a parts list
as for the shop, i brought it back
within 30 min. they had everything fixed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts