Votes: 10 37.0%
  • 10 Spoke

Votes: 17 63.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I consider this a general discussion, and plus...it won't get much hits in the wheel forum. On SCC we are having this heated discussion if one rim is a 10 spoke or 5 spoke.

the C10's are clearly 10 spoke cause of the name:

Now what about the subzero's?

And what about my 5zigens?

Discuss!!!!

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
I know what you mean, I guess I can see your 5 zigens looking like a 5 star, 5 spoke pattern, but I'd have to say it has 10 spokes, I count the number of individual spokes, atleast in these cases.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i have to say i think that all 3 are 10 spoke rims in a 5 spoke design, cause on all the rims they have 10 individual spokes, none branching out of one another
so 10 spoke rims for all of themm

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
if the C10's are clearly 10 spoke, and both the other sets of wheels look exactly the same, i would say 10 spokes.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
I applaud their creative thinking and artistic eye for seeing 5 spokes on models such as the subzero, but let's keep in mind what a spoke is.

Ok, now count how many extend from the center of the wheel to the lip of the wheel...

Yes, C10's and Subz are 10 spoke wheels.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i have the same 5zigens, i always considerd them 10 spoke

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i would say that yea... they are technically 10 spoke... But it just has the star like seperation between each set of 2 spokes.... i would call them 5 spoke, because they are under the design of a 5 spoke.. but i would really go with either one..

·
Registered
991 Posts
10 spoke. If the gap between the parallell(sp?) spokes where filled up, then it would be a 5 spoke, but since you can see through them and they are individually attached I would say that all of them are 10 spoke

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The C10's are 10-spoke
The Sub-Zeros and your 5Zigens are 5-spoke. The double spokes are parallel to eachother.

Those Advan rims (the twin-spoke ones everyone with a 240sx around here has) are 5-spokes, because the double spokes are closer together on the outside.

Visually, they have the same impact to me as 5-spoke wheels, where the C10's have the visual impact of... well, 10-spoke wheels.

I usually call them double-5-spokes or somethign for clarity, though. Don't know if I'd call the C10's double-fives, though, because they're not parallel. 5/10-spoke, meaning 10 spokes in 5 groups?

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
I usually call them double-5-spokes or somethign for clarity, though. Don't know if I'd call the C10's double-fives, though, because they're not parallel. 5/10-spoke, meaning 10 spokes in 5 groups?
yeah technically i guess they're ten spoke, but i always called them a "split 5 spoke" when referring to like racing hart evolutions or something. Or those 5zigens which look kinda familiar.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
spoke1 Audio pronunciation of "spoke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spk)
n.

1. One of the rods or braces connecting the hub and rim of a wheel.
________________________________________________________________________________

Those are all 10 spoke IMO.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ToxxicLuder90 said:
C10's are my vote...

id rock them on any car.....

theres pretty much no car they wouldnt look good on.
WTH? This is a discussion of whether all three wheels are either 10 spoke of 5 spoke.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
CruZin89LuDe said:
yeah technically i guess they're ten spoke, but i always called them a "split 5 spoke" when referring to like racing hart evolutions or something. Or those 5zigens which look kinda familiar.
this is true, i've always heard them referred to as a "double 5 spoke" or "split 5 spoke" no, the name may suggest 5 spokes just b/c of the star pattern, but the defenition proves it, 10 spokes.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
91_2.0_Si said:
this is true, i've always heard them referred to as a "double 5 spoke" or "split 5 spoke" no, the name may suggest 5 spokes just b/c of the star pattern, but the defenition proves it, 10 spokes.
Yeah...they call it a "Split 5 Spoke design". But CLEARLY it's 10 separate spokes....on all of them.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
So the answer is: They are all 10 spoke wheels, it's not really possible to argue this going by the definition of "spoke" IMO.

But some are 5 spoke "style"

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
MustardCat said:
So the answer is: They are all 10 spoke wheels, it's not really possible to argue this going by the definition of "spoke" IMO.

But some are 5 spoke "style"
conclusion reached, they are considered a 5 spoke design or style, but clearly have 10 spokes.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Well if I can count.... and I'm pretty sure I can since I'm passing CalulusII with an A I have to say all of them are 10 spokes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts