Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched and cant find anything, but where can i add tranny fluid/gear oil to my 5spd, when i press the clutch in it wont let the car go into gear but when the car is off it goes in fine, i was just driving it so it just happened tonight and i have a 2 hour drive ahead of me, any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
this is experience taken from my 5 speed civic, but so long as you have a hydraulic clutch it should be similar. Next to the master brake cylinder in your engine compartment there should be a smaller and similar container where you can add hydraulic fluid aka DOT3 brake fluid (MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR MANUAL TO FIND WHAT KIND SPECIFICALLY!!!!!). This is of course only if the reservoir isn't full. Does your car shift if you push the clutch all the way to the floor?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no doesnt shift at all, i put it in gear with the car off and turned it on and it jerked and my foot was all the way down, i think the clutch is engaged and wont disengage, not sure if that means i need a brand new clutch or if its something else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts