Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have an almost complete rear rack and center shaft but I am missing the dust guards. In the illistration I need 12, 10, 11 and 7. Honda has discontinued them so I can't get new ones. Are they really needed? Anyone have an extra set they would like to pass along? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Piece number seven came off mine. I noticed it was hanging when I was rebuilding my engine. Haven't had a problem, but wish I had it still on there.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i'm running mine without with no problems...

if i get a stick in there, tho....it could be an issue.

the rear is very well protected by the gas tank, and the front is pretty well protected by the exhaust shields (or would be....if i had any).

#7 is 53962-SF1-J61 (DISCONTINUED)
#10 is 53981-SF1-J61 (DISCONTINUED)
#11 is 53982-SF1-J62 (DISCONTINUED)
#12 is 53983-SF1-J60 (DISCONTINUED)

you could get 10 and 11 with the shaft....but it's also not available.

#8 is 53970-SF1-J60 (DISCONTINUED)

the only part i can find in the country is #7 53962-SF1-J61.

Honda seems to believe there is one of them sitting at MARTY SUSSMAN HONDA in ROSLYN PA (215)657-7050.

i wish i could help you out....and, i wish i could help ME out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn. You would think that Honda wouldn't discontinue plastic boots and shields, they are under the car after all.

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Damn. You would think that Honda wouldn't discontinue plastic boots and shields, they are under the car after all.
Bro I really don't think they expected people like us to keep the 3rd gen alive as long as we have and then try and revive the aftermarket for it when all is considered long and forgotten. LoL!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Honca,

I just took the system off my old shell. My front boot is cracked... I can get the dimensions for you tomorrow and ill be able to give you an idea of what size you need. Just look up universal joint boots in goggle and you will be able to find the size you need. A boot is a boot, as long as it is able to strap down on both sides.

It will preform the task needed as long as it is the right sizes and covers the areas it is required to cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts