Honda Prelude Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also interested in the cost of these locking tools

please send me a pm

I will hopefully be the new owner of a prelude 4ws soon :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need this locking tool.as I just picked up all necessary compenents of 4ws system. Please pm me asap. Also looking for good pair of new oem Honda rear tie rods as well. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new to this forum with a recently acquired '89 Si 4ws! I'm not counting on the fact that there will be any shops around with this special tool. Would you pm me with info about cost and shipping? Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Need a tool

Do you still have any tool. I could use one.

Tom

For those of you who have been waiting for a 4ws locking tool, I now have them in stock. I picked them up from the machinist today and I am ready to get them sent out. Please PM me with your delivery information.
If you have not previously contacted me for a 4ws locking tool, but still want one, I have ordered extra to keep some on hand. Feel free to PM your contact information.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I have several 4ws tools on hand and ready to ship.

The cost is $40.00 plus $5.50 shipping for a total of $45.50. if you are a Canadian resident, your cost for shipping is $15.00. if you live outside the US or Canada, your cost for shipping is $20.00.

My paypal address is [email protected]

....when sending payment, please select:

I'm sending money to family or friends

Don't forget to include your shipping address!

I want to thank you for supporting this group buy

michael

·
Registered
127 Posts
I purchased this tool about a year ago for my 89 4WS. Never used it as I could not undo the plug. I have now taken my rear gearbox out and have been able to remove the plug after a couple of weeks of PB blaster. I'll now do what others have said - weld a nut on the head.

But here's my problem nailbender - the tool does not screw all the way into the gearbox. I am at center, and I can see the depression where the tool should be inserted, but the depression is a little larger than 5 mm in diameter. I can stick in a 5 mm Allen key and know that this enters the depression, and the inserted length is exactly the length of your tool, if completed inserted. But your tool is 6 mm in diameter and does not screw in all the way.

Why is this the case? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I purchased this tool about a year ago for my 89 4WS. Never used it as I could not undo the plug. I have now taken my rear gearbox out and have been able to remove the plug after a couple of weeks of PB blaster. I'll now do what others have said - weld a nut on the head.

But here's my problem nailbender - the tool does not screw all the way into the gearbox. I am at center, and I can see the depression where the tool should be inserted, but the depression is a little larger than 5 mm in diameter. I can stick in a 5 mm Allen key and know that this enters the depression, and the inserted length is exactly the length of your tool, if completed inserted. But your tool is 6 mm in diameter and does not screw in all the way.

Why is this the case? Has anyone else had this issue?
This is the first complaint I have received concerning the 4WS alignment tool. I apologize if you are having an issue with the 4WS tool. The tool is machined to be 5.5 +/- .100 millimeters in diameter.
If your tool measured 6 mm, return it to me and I will replace it.

Thanks again for your support of this group buy!
Michael---nailbender

161 - 180 of 208 Posts