Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm looking at buying a 1999 h22a8 prelude (europe) and the seller had told me that after not having a battery on the car for 2 weeks, he put a new battery on and when starting the 4ws light came on. On top of that when the A/C is turned on the 'ludes idle drops, sometimes enough to make the car cut out.

Apparently this has all come about after replacing the battery... Could the issues be related? I hoping it is a dodgy earth.

I'm more concerned about the 4ws fault.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I hate you i hate i hate you. Ok now that that is out of the way and I really miss my 3g aws so don't take that personal. Was just lude rage.

We didn't get bb8's in the states so is this system still 100% mechanically operated? It worked well in previous models here. If a sensor was added i'd look at that. Unfortunatly I have no clue. Show pics and host them yourself so we can see them.

Is this a 2 liter?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
On a 4th or 5th gen it would be electric.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Idle thread: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437474

Search google on how to do the paperclip method of checking Honda check engine lights (CEL), the same method works for the ABS light, the ATTS light and for you EUR market 4WS lights.

You'd need to get the code and figure out what's wrong, fairly simple when the car is in your hands, but when it's not...can be a pain.
Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
I would also recommend seeking help over at ludegeneration.com - as they are more familiar with your specific model than the majority of us here in the states.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the answers. I came here first because this has been a great forum for help in the past.

I would also recommend seeking help over at ludegeneration.com - as they are more familiar with your specific model than the majority of us here in the states.
I'll check the site out thanks!

Search google on how to do the paperclip method of checking Honda check engine lights (CEL), the same method works for the ABS light, the ATTS light and for you EUR market 4WS lights.

You'd need to get the code and figure out what's wrong, fairly simple when the car is in your hands, but when it's not...can be a pain.
Good luck.
I'll see if I can get the seller to let me do that. Would I be able to pull these codes with proper diagnostic equipment (which I have) or will only the paperclip work? Do 5th gen 'Ludes use a standard OBD2 socket?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate you i hate i hate you. Ok now that that is out of the way and I really miss my 3g aws so don't take that personal. Was just lude rage.

We didn't get bb8's in the states so is this system still 100% mechanically operated? It worked well in previous models here. If a sensor was added i'd look at that. Unfortunatly I have no clue. Show pics and host them yourself so we can see them.

Is this a 2 liter?

Good luck.
I'll check out the idle thread. Apart from using the paperclip method would I be able to get the codes using workshop diagnostic equipment (which I have) ? Or is this something only possible with the paperclip? 5th gens run OBD2 right?

Thanks for the advice, I'll poke around over there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts