Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked in many places trying to find out what all is needed to convert my non-4ws 1991 lude si... into 4ws. I know I need the front and rear steering rack (with tie rods), rod that conects the 2, and frame mount for rear rack. But is anything else needed from a donor car that is made different? Such as control arms, spidles, stabilizers, or anything? I'm picking up a 91 Si tomorrow for $150 that only needs a manual transmission replaced!!! Thats right! $150!! But I want to convert it to 4ws with all the left over money from getting the car so cheap. Please help me out guys. I found front and rear racks, rod that connects the 2, and rear frame mount for rear rack. But what else is needed? Help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
I have all the parts needed to convert to 4WS but I fisrt want to recondition the front rack and put new tie rods both inner and outer. Does anyone have links or info on how to recondition the r&p and where to get new parts such as seals or if it can be convereted into a manual rack, something such as http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164993
Do not tray to convert that rack to a manual rack, you will regret it.
Our racks were never made manual so doing it will damage the internals and cause you to have a loose steering.

Hey guys, got a small question :), are the front and rear tie rod ends the same?
No, different thicknesses.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have looked in many places trying to find out what all is needed to convert my non-4ws 1991 lude si... into 4ws. I know I need the front and rear steering rack (with tie rods), rod that conects the 2, and frame mount for rear rack. But is anything else needed from a donor car that is made different? Such as control arms, spidles, stabilizers, or anything? I'm picking up a 91 Si tomorrow for $150 that only needs a manual transmission replaced!!! Thats right! $150!! But I want to convert it to 4ws with all the left over money from getting the car so cheap. Please help me out guys. I found front and rear racks, rod that connects the 2, and rear frame mount for rear rack. But what else is needed? Help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Here is a 4WS Conversion right hear on this site.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286448&highlight=

1 - 8 of 8 Posts