Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going to do the 4th gen Vtec caliper swap to my 3rd gen but the calipers I have weren't working out so hot for me. I think they may need to be rebuilt (although the seal still holds fluid?) they just have no braking pressure once the car is on. Also I didn't want fastbrakes for the rear and I didn't want 11 in rotors in the rear so I'm just going to upgrade the stock size calipers.

I have all 4th gen calipers. The two fronts were the ones potentially giving me some trouble but the piston is not stuck and they are not leaking so I don't know what exactly is wrong with them. $25 + shipping for both

I have HPS Hawk pads for the front 4th gen Vtec calipers $45 + shipping

I have a 4th gen Vtec master cylinder and brake booster. $15 + shipping for master cylinder $15 + shipping for brake booster

For those of you wanting these brakes for your 3rd gen I have heard you can use the 4th gen master cylinder and the 4g brake booster with some adjustment to the brake lines.

I have 2 front brembo blank rotors 11 in. They have been redrilled for 4x100. Never driven on but they do have some unsightly surface rust even though I never used them...they got that just from sitting outside.
$65 + shipping for both rotors

I will update this with pictures later today. All prices are OBO.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
For those of you wanting these brakes for your 3rd gen I have heard you can use the 4th gen master cylinder and the stock 3g brake booster with some adjustment to the brake lines.
You may have heard it from me but heard wrongly.
You have to use the 4G servo/booster if you want to use the 4G master cylinder.

I'm guessing this was meant to be in the for sale section....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts