Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Which of these two are better for racing??

I kno I'm posting in 5th gen section, which isn't a very bright idea for a 4th gen Vs. 5th gen topic...

But don't be hipocritcal about it and gimme the truth  :D

And can someone give me the specs for the 5th gen ludes?

All types of em..

Like which is heavier the 5th gen or 4th gen?

Which has a better aerodynamic shape?

What would win Stock 4th gen or Stock 5th gen?
(Don't add any handicaps like wut mods or how many miles on the engine; just imagine they are both brand new and yu just pulled out of the lot with them)

And any other answers that will help me out![/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
546 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid0]well thye both have the h22a lets just say....the 4th gen is a little lighter. 5spd tranny ....depends the driver.....i think the the 4th gen will be better cause i think its little bit lighter ....if the same person drove the car.....should get different results cause of the weight[/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
74 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid0]granted the 4th gen is a bit lighter and the engines are both h22 but they made some minor changes to tunning. also the 5th gen from things i have read on the honda website is supposed to be more aerodynamical. i know the handling charecteristics have completly changed from the 4th to the 5th but that doesnt really matter for the 1/4 but top speed the 5th can take a 4th that i know for sure. as for 1/4 i think its to close to call....and it would simply come down to one thing and thats the driver........[/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
375 Posts
[quote:post_uid0="alexo49"][color=#000000:post_uid0]www.carstats.com

1/4 for 4th gens are 15.1-15.2

1/4 for 5th gens are 15.4[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=FF07:post_uid0]Thats on a stock engine right?

There's probably more parts available for the 4th gen, I don't think there are as many for the 5th, because it didn't sell as well as the 4th.
Scott[/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
20 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid0]i hear the only reason the 4th gen is faster in the 1/4 mile is because of the gearing....but the 5th gen has higher top speed[/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
9 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid4]4th Gen are a lil faster because of their better gears. I wouldn't say weight because the 4th gen is only 22 lbs lighter than the base 5th gen. It's a drivers race, but granted if you put two equal drivers, the 4th gen will edge it out.[/color:post_uid4]

·
Registered
20 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid9]i thought that my 00 lude has 200 hp , and the 96 has 190 ? , that would mean that gen 5 is better . .... right?[/color:post_uid9]

·
Registered
445 Posts
[quote:post_uid0="speedracer"][color=#000000:post_uid0]i thought that my 00 lude has 200 hp , and the 96 has 190 ? , that would mean that gen 5 is better .  ....  right?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]no, first of all that's only your hp, think of it this way, if a dump truck has 210 HP and weighs 6000 lbs, and you're lude has 200 hp and weighs wahtever it does, let's say 3000 lbs

dont u want the lude? weight is EVERYTHING when it comes to speed, hp helps but weight means SO MUCH MORE

it also depends on what kind of a car you want, I mean if you're trying to get a prelude for a purpose built all out crazy drag car, get whatever's lightest, personally I drive on the street most of the time, so just get whatever's most comfortable

Nick[/color:post_uid0]

·
Registered
481 Posts
[color=#000000:post_uid0]well i raced a kid that lives down the street from me and he has a fourth gen vtec with all the same mods to the engine and (i hate to admit it ) he beat me by about half a car legnth. we are both pretty good drivers and we both got a pretty even jump off the line so i guess its just cause his car is lighter than the massive weight of the 00 SH[/color:post_uid0]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts