Honda Prelude Forum banner

4th gen prelude mods

12K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dontknowmuchkid 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, i just picked up a 95 Prelude SR in pacific blue pearl....*yumm*

ive got some money (~~$1000) saved up for mods and now i wanna ask you fine fellow prelude owners for your opinions on what to do now!! I wnat to modify my car in terms of looks and performance (not too heavily though) What do ya'll suggest i do? I was hoping id get sum suggestions from people with past experience on preludes

i dont want my car to look too exaggerated i want it stay sleek and classy/sexy =)

id like to know more about good performance mods i can do on this SR (H23a1 engine) help me out!!! thanks! any suggestions, opinions, comments, etc LAY EM DOWN!

-TL-

*edit* this car WILL be winter driven, im up in western/central canada *

#2 ·
-TL- said:
Hey everyone, i just picked up a 95 Prelude SR in pacific blue pearl....*yumm*

ive got some money saved up for mods and now i wanna ask you fine fellow prelude owners for your opinions on what to do now!! I wnat to modify my car in terms of looks and performance (not too heavily though) What do ya'll suggest i do? I was hoping id get sum suggestions from people with past experience on preludes

i dont want my car to look too exaggerated i want it stay sleek and classy/sexy =)

id like to know more about good performance mods i can do on this SR (H23a1 engine) help me out!!! thanks! any suggestions, opinions, comments, etc LAY EM DOWN!

-TL-

*edit* this car WILL be winter driven, im up in western/central canada *

Congrads! and welcome

take the time to look through the 4th gen forum, look at what others are doing before starting off.

If your totally clueless its best not to start moding right away, go to a AutoX and learn more about the dynamics of your car and from there you'll know what areas you want to improve.

#4 ·
yah id love to throw sum rims/new rubber on this baby...but that would mean id hafta lower it or else it will look weird right? im just worried the lowering will be a problem in winter aka gettin stuck in snow and such... but decent lowering springs, how much would it cost? (keep in mind im in canada...so CAD? ahah =P)

#6 ·
skips the looks and go sleeper in my opinion :p

$1k would get you a decent do-it-yourself turbo kit (does for 3rd gens at least), that'd be fun.

Failing that, 1k is an intake, header, and exhaust, with change left over if you ebay it all.

#7 ·
haha i didnt have turbo in mind but thats always a possiblity
i dunno ive never ebay'd for anything haha i always think its sort of a gamble to buy something uve never seen before, cept for a few measly pics, im sort of a perfectionist with what i got haha

what exhaust would u guys recommend? this would just be the muffler n stuff right? not the entire exhaust system...or what did u ppl have in mind. As for the intake...cold air > short ram?? and one more thing, couldnt i just make my own piping and throw on a K&N filter on the end or something?

and coilovers...yah i thought bout using em but my car would ride like a tank...i dont wanna feel every little rock n bump on the road hahah this place has sum pretty crapped up roads

i was thinkin for rims, either silver or gold/bronzish, i think it would look good on this kind of blue

#8 ·
-TL- said:
what exhaust would u guys recommend? this would just be the muffler n stuff right? not the entire exhaust system...or what did u ppl have in mind. As for the intake...cold air > short ram?? and one more thing, couldnt i just make my own piping and throw on a K&N filter on the end or something?
Exhaust- Apexi N1 Catback (if you dont mind loudness at high RPMs)

Intake- AEM Cold Air Intake, you will get more gains with a CAI than a SRI.

You could just get 3" piping and make your own intake with a universal filter at the end, but I would rather spend the $ and get a nice new AEM CAI. :wink:

#9 ·
ooops totally forgot to mention, i would want something that isnt far too loud but has a good throaty quality to the sound, my dad would rip it off with his bare hands if it was loud he absolutely hates that shit hahah he always complains and cusses when he hears some ricer with a loud ass muffler on it

i hear the greddy isnt too loud and still has a good use? but yah of course at high RPM's anything would be noisier hehe :D

do u kinda see what im gettin at? u kno nothing too loud but has a nice low growl to it

#10 ·
-TL- said:
ooops totally forgot to mention, i would want something that isnt far too loud but has a good throaty quality to the sound, my dad would rip it off with his bare hands if it was loud he absolutely hates that shit hahah he always complains and cusses when he hears some ricer with a loud ass muffler on it

i hear the greddy isnt too loud and still has a good use? but yah of course at high RPM's anything would be noisier hehe :D

do u kinda see what im gettin at? u kno nothing too loud but has a nice low growl to it
Either the GReddy EVO2 or Apexi World Sport 2 are both fairly quiet.

#12 ·
Probably closer to $400 to $500 Canadian. Almost any exhaust is pretty quiet at low RPM's, it's the high RPM's you should worry about. As long as you shift early and keep it at 1/4 throttle around you dad you should be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.