Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on everyone!

So a couple years back I came across an article or post about a hidden car deck!

My '91 has been broken into so many times and I keep it pretty regular and stock for this reason. But this post I came across a while ago showed a deck that was hidden behind all the stock elements. Let me explain if this doesn't make any sense:
upon inspection of the deck, the area appear normal: tape deck, volume knob...basic deck! But upon removing the face plate, what's revealed is an aux port, USB ports, CD player (at the time...but do you remember those!) and all the elements of an updated deck. And it's perfect because when you get out the car, you put the face back on and it doesn't make want the thieves want to try their luck.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this matter or can point me in the right direction? A tape has been stuck in my deck for some time now and I want to upgrade the system and this discreet situation would be amazing. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
340 Posts
What's going on everyone!

So a couple years back I came across an article or post about a hidden car deck!

My '91 has been broken into so many times and I keep it pretty regular and stock for this reason. But this post I came across a while ago showed a deck that was hidden behind all the stock elements. Let me explain if this doesn't make any sense:
upon inspection of the deck, the area appear normal: tape deck, volume knob...basic deck! But upon removing the face plate, what's revealed is an aux port, USB ports, CD player (at the time...but do you remember those!) and all the elements of an updated deck. And it's perfect because when you get out the car, you put the face back on and it doesn't make want the thieves want to try their luck.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this matter or can point me in the right direction? A tape has been stuck in my deck for some time now and I want to upgrade the system and this discreet situation would be amazing. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Back in the day when I was in Mobile Audio, we did a few decks like that. You need to find a GOOD installer, not some hack. GOOD installers can do fiberglass, abs, solenoid/servo hidden decks, custom woofer boxes, matched carpeting, etc.

What is a solenoid/servo hidden deck? Fake stock face plate, Installer canabalizes an OEM stocker for what they need, and real deck is hidden up underneath and when a switch is pushed servo gears lower said deck down into playing position. if My Guys could do this back in 98 there HAS to be an Installer out there who can do it today...

Just gotta start calling around.

PS. NEVER put your real address on ANY invoice. Crooked installers can use that to come out to your house weeks later and steal your shit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in the day when I was in Mobile Audio, we did a few decks like that. You need to find a GOOD installer, not some hack. GOOD installers can do fiberglass, abs, solenoid/servo hidden decks, custom woofer boxes, matched carpeting, etc.

What is a solenoid/servo hidden deck? Fake stock face plate, Installer canabalizes an OEM stocker for what they need, and real deck is hidden up underneath and when a switch is pushed servo gears lower said deck down into playing position. if My Guys could do this back in 98 there HAS to be an Installer out there who can do it today...

Just gotta start calling around.

PS. NEVER put your real address on ANY invoice. Crooked installers can use that to come out to your house weeks later and steal your shit.

That's amazing info. I really appreciate that. Do you remember what the prices were approx around that time? I never seen a price before. I just saw it and thought I needed it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts