1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Do they have blue tops?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
if they do, and you know that they are 450cc injectors.. i'd say yes.

Oh... and use the SEARCH function....

j/p man. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (hahaha) im prolly one of the only ppl that use the search all the time. but ne how. ya they have blue tops and are chrome, they are 450cc so i guess thats them i thought i would through the model number into the post just incase ya'll knew the model number and could identify it for me. oh are dsm injectors an exact fit (now im not using the search here just asking) or are there any other modifications that i have to do?.....dont worry i will search this question just thought id ask.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
I think you have to bore out the rubber seats that go into the intake manifold, but i'm not positive.

Find the part number on them and do a google on it, that'll bring up lists of injectors and sizes.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I used my dremel and a sanding cylinder to open up the seals and make the 450's fit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heath said:
I used my dremel and a sanding cylinder to open up the seals and make the 450's fit.

and you've had no problems with the seals leaking? thats alot easyer then i thought it would be.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If I recall correctly I lightly clamped the seals in my vice and made circular motions with the dremel, slowly enlarging the openings until the 450's fit snugly.
Grind them out a bit, check injetor fitment, grind a bit more if necessary, and so on until they JUST fit :)
I have had no leaks for 4500 miles.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
makes sense i guess, but sounds a little sketchy to me...but i guess if this is what everyone is doing and no one has had any leaking injector seals then i guess i'll follow suit

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It's really not that tough man. You can do it. I would offer to do it for you but then you would have to pay shipping to and from NC, USA and also supply one 450cc injector for me to size them to (since mine are installed in my car)
So, just take it slow and you will be fine

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
So you forced the injectors through the seals and at that point they wouldn't fit in the manifold until you ground down the outside? Cool, another way of doing it.

M

·
0 Posts
did you buy the injectors? I would look on a few forums before you buy em for a brand that fits without mods.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mikeyslude said:
did you buy the injectors? I would look on a few forums before you buy em for a brand that fits without mods.
Well yeah you could do that but most people go with the dsm's cause they are really cheap... I just used a dremel on mine too and have had no problems as of yet with over 4000miles on the engine, its a piece of cake... To be perfectly honest, that was the first time i had ever used a dremel and I thought it was very simple :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well i guess thats what ill do then, but im still not sure if the 4g63's are the blue tops that everyone uses on here.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i bought 4 injector seal kits and my blue top DSM injectors fit snuggly into them and nicely into my spare manifold. i read up about having to dremel out the inside of the seal, and i was prepared to do so, but then i just managed to squeeze them into the seals without any problems...so i would buy seal kits and then see what you need to do.

EDIT: heres a link http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/dsm_injectors/

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
3g preludes already have a resistor box wired into the injector power source.
No need for additional resistors.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Nope, no need for any of that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts