Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I haven't posted on here in a looong time, so i hope people still come here. I'm counting on you guys!!

My question.....
Can i use 440cc injectors, in an efficient manner, if i use an adjustable fpr? Could i get away with lowering the psi a bit, so not too much fuel is used, for the stock ecu?

While working on my car, i noticed that three out of the four injectors were externally leaking. This got me thinking, cause I noticed my car getting worse and worse gas mileage/performance over the past few months. I kinda ignored it, knowing that i had messed with oem stuff for a while.
When i saw the gas leaks, i immediately bought new injectors, i definitively don't need a fire.
The issue is, that when i bought the injectors, i was thinking more of my turbo project, than oem computer management.
I figured i could kill two birds with one brick(lol) by buying big injectors, suitable for my furture turbo project.
It hadn't occurred to me, (i was drunk at the time, lol) that the ecu wouldn't be able to handle bigger injectors, and would run stupid rich. (though i am running stupid rich right now, but with leaking injectors...)
But in my adventures of finding turbo parts, i bought a FPR from MustardCat(thanks man, if you see this!!!), and thought it maybe possible to lower the psi, making less fuel come out of the bigger injectors, maybe?
I already have a p06 ecu, and the conversion harness, but i really don't have the money to get my car tuned at this point, but i will if there is no other way.
Any help would be great, as this is my main issue right now. The car runs real rich, and kinda bucks now and again.

My question- Is there any reason why the vigot tb wouldn't work, when a brand new tps is calibrated, and is reading right? A reason why the engine would completly lose it's mind over a bit of new air? You think a bad idle screw will cause this?

My second problem begins with me removing the coolant lines from the oem TB, the iacv and fiv. (i later put the iacv back into the system, the idle sucked lol)
While i was in there, i figured i would install the bigger vigor TB, not for gains, but to calibrate my new TPS onto the TB, so it would be one less thing to do on the ported intake conversion.
That didn't work out so well, the car completely rejected the air coming from the vigor tb.
It rejected it, even though i got the TPS set to .50, on the dot, closed and 4.62 opened ((i dremeled away too much of the metal while calibrating tps))
There was the issue of where to put the second vacuum hose onto the new TB. A black hose went to the vacuum box, a red on to a canister thing. I put a t-tube on them, no difference in quality of idle.
I even installed it, did the tps, pulled the clock fuse, and still the car ran like hell.
The idle screw may have been the problem, i admit. The slot where the screwdriver goes, was fucked. So i may have not been able to screw it all the way in like it should have, but i believe i have fixed it, though it's not installed. I cleaned the area where the screw went, and cut a new slot into the screw itself.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Can i use 440cc injectors, in an efficient manner, if i use an adjustable fpr? Could i get away with lowering the psi a bit, so not too much fuel is used, for the stock ecu?
No!
You'd have to lower the fuel pressure so much it'd be pointless. And even then it wouldn't work across the whole map.

Is there any reason why the vigot tb wouldn't work, when a brand new tps is calibrated, and is reading right? A reason why the engine would completly lose it's mind over a bit of new air? You think a bad idle screw will cause this?
Not unless there was something actually wrong with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts