Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i have searched very much so.....I bought some 5x114.3 wheels and want the bigger brakes...so i guess my question is....Does anybody have a link with DETAILED parts list pics and instructions? Thank you in advance

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
join the forum and you will. Maybe next time you ask a question the thread should get locked after that comment. Or you could pull you head out of your ass and learn how to use Google.

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
I did the swap, it was easy as hell if you are at all mechanically inclined. Go on ebay, buy spindles for each wheel, and if youre lucky they will come with rotors/vtec calipers.

Then to put em on, all you'll need is sockets 10, 12, 14, 15, 17 I think. dude its really easy i did the whole thing in a day. just make sure you have a breaker bar. you're gonna need a good amount of torque to get some of those bolts off. And seriously, you ask a question and someone basically gives you my profile link, tells you I have done this and to ask me, and you still don't even ask me...

sounds like you don't need any help at all or arent even really going to do this swap. btw, in the end, spindles, balljoints, with new brake pads, rotors, replacing shit i broke doing the job- notably, balljoint threads and an axle (dont ask how, haha) etc etc etc to do it right, which is the only way to do a job, it costed me $800. Oh yeah, I forgot- youll need new wheels too. I got 5th gen base wheels with new yokohama avs es100s +$500. make that a $1300 job. thats IF you know what you're doing. if you don't know how to take off a nut and pull here and there, then put the nut back on +$500 for a shop to do what you should be able to do.

now you've paid $1800. was it worth it? sorry if im coming off as an asshole here but man... you ask a question, want an answer, but don't bother thanking anyone who helped and when finally pointed in the right direction, don't take up on it... f*ck i dont know what else to say

a little bit of info here: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278582

talk to backinblue92 he did the 5 lug conversion. maybe he can post up some pics. here is his profile: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/member.php?u=90994

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all i was stateing a FACT there themiz92lude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am signed up on that forum and logged in and no pics!!!!! If you want to talk about gettin locked out......how bout get the fuckin chip off your shoulder and truely helpin somebody out rather than bein a dick......you must own a BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry i didnt get to it in time.....ive been workin 12+ hrs a day at the bodyshop......5 cars a day min. has made the work load aloooot more!
Thank you preludercr and backinblue92 and those 2 only for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
3,589 Posts
First of all i was stateing a FACT there themiz92lude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am signed up on that forum and logged in and no pics!!!!! If you want to talk about gettin locked out......how bout get the fuckin chip off your shoulder and truely helpin somebody out rather than bein a dick......you must own a BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry i didnt get to it in time.....ive been workin 12+ hrs a day at the bodyshop......5 cars a day min. has made the work load aloooot more!
Thank you preludercr and backinblue92 and those 2 only for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PRELUDES!!! lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yea almost forgot.....thanks sage
triumph 013 (sage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamanmark
yea yea its an inside joke if you live in the chatt. TN area (power 94, power to the people)

wasnt makin fun of you lol i like it.

Still an inside joke to ppl that live around chatt. lol (you'd just have to hear the radio anouncers voice)

·
3,589 Posts
i knew i knew a guy named sage. sorry man, i talk to so many people lol we talked alot on myspace remember?

damn why do we get off topic so much!!! lol

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i knew i knew a guy named sage. sorry man, i talk to so many people lol we talked alot on myspace remember?

damn why do we get off topic so much!!! lol
yeah i remembered you were one of my myspace friends

edit: yeah i get off topic wayyy too much...i know there is an off topic forum, but most of the good off topic convos go on out here lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts