Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a swaped 93 JDM h22 in my 94 Si,
in the future I want to swap a JDM h22 type-s so I want to invesnt in the performance parts that will interchange.

So far i know camgears, throttlebody and camshaft will interchange...

the header part numbers are different so I guess those wont work...

but do you guys know if there is a difference between 93 intake mani and 94 intake mani because skunk2 list the part number for 94-01 but i would figure all the 4th gen h22 vtecs would have the same intake mani.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Easily Compatible parts between 4th and 5th gen (besides the obvious)

Shocks, Springs (except SH), Upper spring mounts, Rear lower tie bar, Rear antiwaybar, Rear upper strut bar, Some front upper strut bars
Brake calipers, Brake lines, Brake pads, Master Cylinder
Intake, Cat, Axel back Muffler,
Clutch, Flywheel
Wires, plugs (on h22s but not between h22 and h23), Cams, Cam gears, Cylinder Head, TB
Fuel pump
Timing belt tensioner
Transmission
Hubs and wheel axles

Some stuff that is not so obvious...

4th gen and 5th gen seats have different bolt locations.

Headers are not interchangable, even between base and SH.
5th Gen tires are slightly larger in diameter

5th Gen has two O2 sensors, one before and one after the cat. 4th Gen has only one before the cat.

90% of the H22 engine parts are interchangable except the injectors, and the pistons. 4th gen Injectors have a resistor pack, and 5th gen pistons have a press in wrist pin. Get the proper supporting hardware and they'll work in either engine. (incl. h23)

A H22 Intake manifold will not fit on an H23 engine, however, the throttle bodies are interchangable.

H23 Engine uses a single valve spring setup and h22 uses a double. You can make h22 springs work in a h23 but it's expensive (I did it) The h22 outer spring is about 1mm larger in Diameter.

H23 Crank will fit into h22 engine and vice versa (except there have been some changes in the main jounal size from 1997 up)

H23 Cam gears fit B series motors

H22 valve spring retainers fit B series motors
I saved this off another forum many years ago. Hope it helps. It is not my post. I just saved it. I don't believe there is a difference between the 93 and 94's though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saved this off another forum many years ago. Hope it helps. It is not my post. I just saved it. I don't believe there is a difference between the 93 and 94's though.

Why do u think skunk2 lists the years for their intake manifold 94-01, they dont include 92 or 93 h22

I hope all the 4th gen h22 are the same....:-? it wouldnt make sense for them to change around parts between the years unless they were doing improvements

·
Registered
577 Posts
92 didn't come with h22 in the US so that's a given, I'm guessing they thought the 93 didn't come H22 either and excluded that year as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^That's what it is. A lot of places do that. For example, Schucks stores and Autozone's in my area will tell me that there was no vtec model in 93. Which is complete bull, because my h22 came out of a 93.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so then that saves me a lot of trouble, my 93 JDM h22 is the same as all the other years then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts