Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after buying parts and saving money and buying more parts and saving more money I'm just about done with my turbo build so I guess I will show you guys what I have going. Getting very close to finishing my tune will be done on friday dam wish I could do that. Should be able to pick up my car from a friends exhaust shop and gets oil lines made tomorrow then I think I will be set for saturday. Oh yea just have to mount the intercooler. Let me know what you guys think. Pros cons whatever...

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
its looking good!!! what are the specs??

·
Premium Member
9,144 Posts
I'm wondering if you checked for hood clearance for the tubing near the rad? It's difficult to judge from the pics, but it looks to me like the hood might not close all the way.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks good! Where did you go for your charge piping?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the intercooler piping from craigslist pretty cheap was never used. Ya I checked the hood clearance barely had enough room to close it. Just barely had to turn the piping down.

·
Registered
697 Posts
what turbine you got on there? also what manifold? FMIC obviously but sizing? looks like ebay jobbie. Nice work. Hope she goes hard.

·
Registered
411 Posts
manifold looks like a modified ebay h22 job.

tried one of these myself before going with a custom manifold, i didn't like how close the dump pipe was to the alternator

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
hate to say it but not alot of manifolds out there give that much clearance from the downpipe to the alternator, in all honesty the only real thing to do is at least heat wrap the downpipe, I have had to do this on every setup.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yeah cheapo OBX h22 manifold. Already have car back will try to get more pics of it with the down pipe on very tight fit. And yea definitely will wrap the down pipe with exhaust wrap but that should do the trick. the front mount I have is pretty small came off a friend of mine dsm starion do not no the exact size but was cut and made smaller should be able to post pics of it mounted tomorrow.
The turbo compressor is .50 and turbine is .63 don't remember but I think the trim is a 57 I don't remember.
And for the dump tube it isn't going to go towards the alternator will go towards tranny side will post a pic of that to when I finish the dump tube. Have a question about that I want to know were you turbo guys are ending the dump tube because I don't want it to burn anything so please any input on that will help.

·
Registered
253 Posts
nice job man what diameter is the charge piping you are using and how you tuning it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
charge piping is 2.25" I think it has been around a year since I bought it. I have a chipped ecu that I bought from moto

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finished connecting everything yesterday so sometime today I'll try to get some pictures on here with the front mount only thing I haven't put back on is my bumper. I was able to start it and found an oil leak from the feed line rite were I had it connected to the turbo should fix that today.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Threw in a pic of the intercooler on put in first post. Should be able to put up some updates this weekend won't be able to finish car up till then stupid oil line lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks good! Why such a small intercooler though?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Low boost plus the one I had originally bought was much too big. My friend gave me what I paid for the one I had and gave me this starion one should be fine for know. That and intercooler piping will be the first things I will upgrade.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Cool cool, what are your plans for fuel management?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just laid the b20 gasket over the h22 manifold and the fitment is very close. I just marked the manifold and used a rotary file and a hand file to move the holes over slightly not to hard and doesn't really take to long if you have proper tools. Pretty sure there is a write up on here somewhere on here that shows you what needs to be done.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I just laid the b20 gasket over the h22 manifold and the fitment is very close. I just marked the manifold and used a rotary file and a hand file to move the holes over slightly not to hard and doesn't really take to long if you have proper tools. Pretty sure there is a write up on here somewhere on here that shows you what needs to be done.
we need more pics im diggin ur sett up cheap but yet effective:emthup:

how much did this setup cost you?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts