Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i was coming home from school when i see a 5th gen lude in my mirror, it looked great so i was slowin down to check it out... it pulls up and (luckily) a light up above turns red, so we stop and im just STARING in awe of this kids (he goes to my school too) lude... some of the nicest rims i had seen in a while too... then i see that my lights about to turn so i give it a lil to bring the idle up to about 2.5k
so it turns green and i figure beutiful 5th gen vs project barely modded 3rd? i have no chance so i was gonna try to catch him off guard... but he obviusly had the same idea cuz as we both start pullin away i accidentally let out the clutch a bit fast chirp the tires and were both off.
i have maybe a two foot jump on him from the reaction at the light (or it was automatic... im not sure which) then i shift into second and he gains about two feet, then i see his car drop back half a carlength from him shifting (either a bad shift from inexpirience or it in fact was Automatic) and then i go into third and hes slowly slowly creepin then he shifts and goes right back to half a car back.
at this point we catch up to some other traffic so we back off cuz were not suicidal. i think an 'official' account of this race would be::
1. I cought him a lil off gaurd but i also had extra weight via passenger whereas he did not have any one with him
2. My nose was maybe five feet ahead when we called it off but he WAS gaining
so i oficially call this a tie... but an impressive showing from my beloved
88 4ws Si

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
define "barely modded 3rd gen" for me please. I know it probably happened, but if he hit vtec at any point he should have pulled your pants off. Just saying... my 3g could only take 5th gens through the corners, I never really had a chance when I'd race em on straights.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
that is not a tie... you won fare and square. It seems it was an automatic. Good runs man!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
barely modded 3rd gen=just exhaust, intake, and some suspension

and yeah normally i wouldnt have DREAMED of racin a 5th on anything but corners.... i guess it was my lucky day!

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
this guy you raced is a tool, can't drive or has an auto AND can't drive. :) I have owned 2 stock 3rd gens, my 5th gen is stock now...and there is no way a stock 3G beats a lude off the line and DEFINITELY not a gear 1-3 run.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
yea.... me and Bdoff race every friday night when i go over to his place... his 5th gen gets about half a car length before he even shifts into second.... its just the Vtec that rips us 3rd genners apart, and the longer gears.... but yea... either that guy was just a dumbass, or his automatic sucks...

·
Registered
568 Posts
JLude said:
this guy you raced is a tool, can't drive or has an auto AND can't drive. :) I have owned 2 stock 3rd gens, my 5th gen is stock now...and there is no way a stock 3G beats a lude off the line and DEFINITELY not a gear 1-3 run.
You're such a hater. I hope you get flamed for finding this story hard to believe.

All sarcasm aside, I actually find this somewhat believable since you got the jump and had no extra weight. You said he was pulling on you, but you managed to stay ahead just long enough for the win. Next time try to to make it obvious of your intentions before going if you really want to see what the other car can do. A split second head start can make all the difference in a race.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:
You're such a hater. I hope you get flamed for finding this story hard to believe.

All sarcasm aside, I actually find this somewhat believable since you got the jump and had no extra weight. You said he was pulling on you, but you managed to stay ahead just long enough for the win. Next time try to to make it obvious of your intentions before going if you really want to see what the other car can do. A split second head start can make all the difference in a race.
and when that does happen and he beats a questionably faster car nobody will believe him either 'cause we're all skeptical ass holes. Even with a video I doubt people would believe many of the kills on here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you believe everything you read on the internet you are a fool. I prefer hearing about well matched races because they are realistic. I could have my 12 year old brother log on and post about a 3rd gen Prelude killing an Evo. The only people that really believe the far out races are the ones that want to believe them.

A vid would offer mostly undisputed praise. Unless I hear the other guy short/granny shifting then I can't really say anything to deny it. I personally am going to start taking a camera with me when I go out looking for a kill. Maybe more people will follow suit, and there will be no need for skeptics.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well my 88 is now in peices at my uncles, but i have a 93 i just bought so once its all together i should have some more

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and in retrospect, i have NO IDEA how i beat this kid but i promise i was ahead lol, he was probably just messin with me but i take what i can get

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
when i had my 3rd gen i beat plenty of 5th gen auto's but then again my 3rd gen was modded and ran a 15.4 @90mph in the 1/4 so that why i beat them. but good luck w ur 4th gen

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,157 Posts
gk even if it happened last year

1 - 20 of 33 Posts