Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 3rd gen master cylinder going to the slave on the H22s tranny. There is a connection between the two where it’s leaking. To start tidying up the engine bay and fix the leak I would like to go directly from the master to the slave with one braided line. I’m assuming this is not something I can just buy as I’m assuming the end for the master is going to be different than a master out of a 95 ish Prelude. So I’m wondering what are my options here? Is there a line I could by somewhere? Could I make my own, if so how? Could I get a master from a 4th gen, but how much work would that be to fab to the firewall?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,494 Posts
I have the 3rd gen master cylinder going to the slave on the H22s tranny. There is a connection between the two where it’s leaking. To start tidying up the engine bay and fix the leak I would like to go directly from the master to the slave with one braided line. I’m assuming this is not something I can just buy as I’m assuming the end for the master is going to be different than a master out of a 95 ish Prelude. So I’m wondering what are my options here? Is there a line I could by somewhere? Could I make my own, if so how? Could I get a master from a 4th gen, but how much work would that be to fab to the firewall?
Thanks!
You can just make your own.

The S2000 master cylinder upgrade on most Honda's use a custom line that is made to go direct from the MC to the tranny.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have you tried fitting a later Prelude line (grabbing one from a junkyard or finding a cheap one online) to your master cylinder to confirm it doesn't fit? To me, I feel like you might actually get lucky with the fittings being compatible for something like a clutch line. I have a stainless line in my '93 Accord from Valex Racing that goes directly from the Accord master to the slave on my Prelude H23A1 trans.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I made a custom clutch line for my Prelude. Mine is RHD so the length of the line was 36 inches, so it wasn't too hard.

The local hydraulic shop did not have the banjo sizes I needed, nor the tool to crimp them onto a hose. I ended up using a -3an brake line with some adaptor fittings. Identify the thread on your master cylinder, which could be an M10 x 1.0, or a M12 x 1.0. All the slave cylinders are M10 x 1.0. I got some adaptor fittings from here:

With these fittings you can now use a -3an brake line for your clutch system. Measure the distance from your master cylinder to your slave cylinder and see if you can get a line like this:

That's probably not the right length, but if there isn't something pre made you will have to crimp the fittings on a hose yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts