Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I don't actually have a 3rd gen now (I have a 5th gen) but I was looking into buying a 88si and I found one that had a problem where it would turn off after 20 min of use. I was wondering if any could tell me if its a big problem or a quick fix. Any advice or opinions on the car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
472 Posts
check the alternator voltage (should be 14.5 vdc)--just put voltmeter on batt terminals while car is running. if the voltage drops slowly during the 20 min, its your alt. --easy fix. Check ecu codes too.
:smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap: :smilejap:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys but the car turned out to be [email protected] Before I drove out there and it was about 50miles away he couldn't tell me if it was an s(it was). And then when I get out there he magically knows and he didn't tell me it was spray painted or that there was no radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts