Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a Canadian third gen. Ever since I bought the car was kind of curious how much it weighs. After lots of searching I think it may be the lightest of any of the third gens. Only options are cruise and sun roof. From everything I can find and going from my vehicle permit weight, it is just slightly over 2300 lbs. Most from my searching are showing 2600 or even more. Does this sound right? Love to have a set of proper scales to do my own weigh in. Thanks for the replies.....:smilejap:

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I know the weights are posted on here because I posted them at sometime in the past.
Otherwise they should be in the manual.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
And just because I'm so damn helpful I even found my own pics for you.....

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
If still curious, find a truck scale on a highway near you, and go through when the sign says CLOSED. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And just because I'm so damn helpful I even found my own pics for you.....

Thanks, looks like the lightest under 2400, which is great cause for 2016 there is only 4 cars that you can buy that are lighter. They are a very poor excuse for a car too :lol:

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
My permit says 1050 kgs.
It might do... but it's wrong.

Give us the model info for your car & it'll be easy to determine the stock weight for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might do... but it's wrong.

Give us the model info for your car & it'll be easy to determine the stock weight for it.

Its in storage right now, not sure of the model, but its a 91 with a b20 manual transmission with cruise and sunroof as the only options. Which I think would make it considerably lighter than most other models.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
*dons pedant hat*
Sunroof was not an option, all 3rd gens have it.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Sunroof isn't an option, every 3G had them.
Edit: I see Andrew snook in with a quick reply while I was typing.... grrrrrr lol

Does it have 4WS? How about ABS? Cat converter/EGR system?
Some folk don't realise these are market dependent.
US spec bumper reinforcements? Electric windows?
SOHC or DOHC engine/is it a 'S' or 'Si'?
Leather seats?
And I know there are probably some I've left off that list of things that make a difference to weight.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Sunroof isn't an option, every 3G had them.
Edit: I see Andrew snook in with a quick reply while I was typing.... grrrrrr lol

Does it have 4WS? How about ABS? Cat converter/EGR system?
Some folk don't realise these are market dependent.
US spec bumper reinforcements? Electric windows?
SOHC or DOHC engine/is it a 'S' or 'Si'?
Leather seats?
And I know there are probably some I've left off that list of things that make a difference to weight.

My educated guess just for fun:
No 4ws, no abs, but yes cat & EGR. US spec bumpers, manual windows, no AC, B20A5, cloth seats without lumbar adjustment, manual mirrors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My educated guess just for fun:
No 4ws, no abs, but yes cat & EGR. US spec bumpers, manual windows, no AC, B20A5, cloth seats without lumbar adjustment, manual mirrors.
Yes that's sounds about right Andrew. Kind of glad it doesn't have any of them options cause they just add weight and problems over time. I have read about tons. I suppose cruise may come on all the 91's too then?

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
US spec bumpers
:lol:
That on it's own means it's not even close to being the lightest spec 3G.

BTW if you've 'read about tons' of problems with those options you need to tell us where because they rarely cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I can help with this!

Here's probably one of the heaviest you can get a 3g, mine.

It's a 1991 with B21, 4WS, ALB, automatic trans, power lock, power windows, power mirrors, leather interior (though the front seats were traded for cloth). Aftermarket 15" wheels, 88/89 front end, stock-ish exhaust with a cat, strut tower bars, and a big and heavy xenon front lip.

Here's how much fuel it had in it:

All stock:

I removed the a/c compressor, the condensor, the second fan, and I'm not sure if I removed any wiring. I think I did.

After

ALB is next, followed by the auto!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts