Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this funky looking chop top, late 80's/early 90's import thing (that's the best description I can give) ahead of me on the freeway. So I sped up to get a better look. It was about 4 ft high at it's highest point, had a bunch of holes in the rear bumper (like, intentional holes, put there with a 4 inch hole saw) and a 4" tip (sorry about all the 4's). Then from behind me comes a 5th gen; nice wheels, decent body kit (if you like kits), nice paint, a big tip, and a greddy sticker in back. Pretty decent looking 5th gen all in all.
So they both are in front now, side by side, with me trailing a few lengths back. The nice puff of black smoke and angry bumble bee sound from the chop top let me knew they were going. So I dropped to 4th and let it rip too.
Now up to this point I was pretty excited. i've never raced a 5th gen before and was curious how I would do (wasn't too concerned with the, umm, other thing).
I closed the gap, passed them both, and pulled at least 5 or 6 lengths pretty quickly. I must of been at about 130 or 140 so I let off.
Then the whole adrenalin catching up thing, y'know, your foot starts shaking and you have a big smile on your face (I rarely race on the street, and never that fast). Twas a nice drive home :)

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
looks around... Where is that damn bs flag when you need one!!! A 3rd gen passing a 5th gen and doing 140.... huh. LOL I would like to see that!!

Edit... OK I Take all that back!! :) didnt see it was a h22 3rd gen. NICE KILL!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
David Mansfield said:
looks around... Where is that damn bs flag when you need one!!! A 3rd gen passing a 5th gen and doing 140.... huh. LOL I would like to see that!!

Edit... OK I Take all that back!! :) didnt see it was a h22 3rd gen. NICE KILL!!!
my bros old 89si auto did 140 a few times

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
David Mansfield said:

thanks for paying attention to details skip,..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I suppose if you haven't been on the board for quite some time (or you just don't frequent the 3rd gen forum), you might not know. Yeah, I have a Euro R h22.
But that 5th gen was so far behind me, it must've been an auto, or something. Definately not sporting any greddy equipment as supposed by the sticker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts