Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im going on a long drive in 2 weeks(about 2 hrs) and i dont want my hood, lip, and windsheild gettin all messed up..so i was wondering if i could use the 3M TAPE(BLUE) to tape off the hood, lip, fenders, bumper and a lilttle bit on the side but will it be enough?:jehon:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
nah dont worry about the fenders and bs like that. just tape off the windscreen as that is the most important part to keep clean, but make sure that it is nice and blue. also tape up your face cause rock chips and flies hurt when uv got ur head out your window at 100 km when ur trying to c where ur going

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have seen many cars that travel long distances to get to the Nopi Nationals in ATL. What they have done is wrap the car parts that might get chipped in Saran Wrap. SP? This way it is clear so you can see through it and it actually does work. Also, it won't leave any sticky marks like the tape might. Just make sure that you secure the wrap down with tape under the fenders so it does not blow off when you are driving down the road.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
unless it's a show car I don't see the point. It would be nice to have something that clings to the bumper, is easy to remove and is body colored or clear though...for those summer road trips where 3,000 bugs will be on your bumper at the end.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
wish I had thought of this before goin to visit family up north... bout 540 miles of fucking up my hood with every piece of shit that hit it... i'm not bitter...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
first off... dont follow close behind ANYONE, even cars. This will lower the risk of rock chips dramatically. As far as bugs go... just make sure you wash them off when you get to your location. Bugs dont do damage unless you let them sit on your paint.

Another solution would be to get a 3m Clear Bra. Its a clear wax-like coating that you can put on your paint safely, without dicoloration and protects what you want protected... cant even tell its on there... you just to find where to buy it and find someone to put it on, unless you want to do it.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
2000BB6 said:
Im going on a long drive in 2 weeks(about 2 hrs) and i dont want my hood, lip, and windsheild gettin all messed up..so i was wondering if i could use the 3M TAPE(BLUE) to tape off the hood, lip, fenders, bumper and a lilttle bit on the side but will it be enough?:jehon:
that's a good idea for long trips. i've seen lots of people do it. but... 2 hours is not a long trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts