Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 4ws si .i have been having cv issues lately ,so then the shit hit the fan this week when my daughters apendex ruptured ,then my mom had a heart attack .so there goes two 100mph+trips to the er . come to find out that my driver side axle was sheared at the outter cv and it still drove and held together ,dam i love my prelude, so every thing turned out okay with my kid ,and mom . but the prelude is in the process of getting a new half shaft,and tie rod end (which i broke takeing the old half shaft out) so +1 for 3g preludes

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
i hope you family gets better as well....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i have a 89 4ws si .i have been having cv issues lately ,so then the shit hit the fan this week when my daughters apendex ruptured ,then my mom had a heart attack .so there goes two 100mph+trips to the er . come to find out that my driver side axle was sheared at the outter cv and it still drove and held together ,dam i love my prelude, so +1 for 3g preludes
Yeah thank god you had a car that is 20 years old and was dependable enough that you could take care of your family. Says a lot about why we all love ours. glad all is well with family...what a relief huh

·
Registered
752 Posts
hope the fam is all good GO honda i got it in mine and it held up 100000 times better then the mustang that hit me So X2 honda

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i need to toss up the pics of the mid 80s chevy truck that tried to park in my trunk.

I drove a away....he did not.

3gs will take a lickin...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have learned that when u go to change an axel that is the original from the factory u will break a lot of shit. control arm bolt, tie rod end, and control arm bushing so far..... the bushing is pressed in. on the other hand it will come out when drilled on just dont plan on using it again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i got the collar that goes around the bushing out last night that was a bitch ! now i just gotta put it all back together.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
lol, yup, stuff that hasn't been taken apart in so long can seize up pretty good haha.
to prevent it from happening again, grease all the bolts, especially the strut fork bolt.

and yeah, great to hear the family is ok and that a 20 year old honda was able to help make that happen

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
My 20 year old honda makes it happen for for me every time I put 10$ in the gas tank, or take a road trip. 3g preludes are tough!

·
Boxxy Is Back
1,452 Posts
my 20 year old honda hit a telephone pole at 65mph.... and drove away back to the college. then it made the 250 mile trip home from college. pull into my driveway and the radiator let lose all over the place. sat for 4 months and then i started it up to move it to let the junk man take it away. these cars are tanks. just throw oil and timing belts at them

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
my 20 year old honda hit a telephone pole at 65mph.... and drove away back to the college. then it made the 250 mile trip home from college. pull into my driveway and the radiator let lose all over the place. sat for 4 months and then i started it up to move it to let the junk man take it away. these cars are tanks. just throw oil and timing belts at them
sorry bro but you let a pile of good parts and interior pieces go to the JY when it still ran?

what the HELL!?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
lol, you know, all my honda friends pick on me for driving a nasty looking 3g prelude, and they say how it sucks and all that...

but considering in the course of 2yrs of knowing them they have went through more civics and a crx or 2 then i care to even count... id say my lude is pretty fucking bad ass!

and for the record, my buddy only ever owned one honda that could out run my prelude...ONE out of like 5 he has owned. lol :smile:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my preludes have been strange, like that, they have always taken me home reguardless of what was wrong,and when i needed to depend on them, they have always held up through desperate times like emergencys!
glad your family are ok!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I was stopped:

he was doing about 40:

i pounded the rear end out, put in some new lights, and continued driving the car for another year until we started the RWD swap on it.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
look in my other threads. or search. or look in sean's end-all thread.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yea, I was driving with a toasted CV shaft too, didn't even really realize it until I put it up on stands to do the brakes. Torn boot, grease flung all over, I had the shop fix it and yea, they had to work on the fork harder than I could have to get that bastard replaced. Best $180 I ever spent in repair work there. I then had them do the brakes while they were under there, only cost me $100 over doing it myself, was a pretty good deal for me - I got my car back the next day instead of a week later when I would have finally gotten everything fixed, with help.

Plus, the wife got smacked by one of those SnapOn trucks in the front fender, the one that was already dented. Other than the obvious need to replace the fender and the plastic wheel well bumping into the tire if I turn all the way to the right, the car has barely noticed. Car still feels and drives solid as hell. I hope I can find a way to drive a 3g for the rest of my life. For now, I have to find a way to save up for some body work!

Glad to hear the family is ok. Makes you want to go get another one, doesn't it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts