Honda Prelude Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
I don't agree with either of you. If you look at the pictures it goes overtop of the factory bumper, just like a Xenon lip does.

You can see the seem along the bottom of the factory 88/89 moulding all around.

The Mugen bumper is a complete replacement, unlike this one. It doesn't have a moulding, the turn signals are flush and not sunk like oem, and the bottom of the center opening is straight not curved:

My apologies. I didn't look close enough to see that it's an overlay. I mean, I still wouldn't call it a lip, but it's not worth arguing about. :cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am selling my 91 Prelude. I purchased it in Jun 2017 from a local dealer. I have had several post on this site. Unfortunantly the post have all been about issue with the car. The previous issues have all been resolved but now I have the latest issue which is a rasping from under the hood. I though that it was related to the exhaust or intake as that is where the noise is most pronounced. However after taking the car to a shop that I trust have used in the past they have come to the conclusion that the noise is coming from the engine itself. Either a bearing or connecting rod.

the car is super clean and I am the second owner of the car and like I said I have owned it sicne 07/2017. At that time I paid $3,800 out the door and have since put 1K in misc parts, etc for the car. The car is 100% stock and original down to the stereo. It is a 5spd manual with the B21, and now 151K miles with no rust/body damage. All electrical work on the car including the AC. It sucks because I have only put 8K mile on the car I would had expected more from the car, but don't know the previous owners habits. I have never even come close to redline and babied the car. I am located in Sacramento/Rosville area North Calif. I can provide pictures, etc

Make me an offer and it is yours. If nothing else you can swap the b21 for a b20 motor and have an awesome ride. If no takers here I will list on craigslist and Ebay within the next couple of days but wanted to give the community 1st dibs.

Also feel free to look at my previous post for an idea of my history with the car

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
stock k&n reusable air filter is really cheap on amazon right now if anybody has been waiting for a good price.

nevermind. It was but not so much now.

·
master bater
1,681 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
He says in his auction that this car has been his passion for the last 10 years, but the AutoCheck report shows that he's only owned it for the last 3.5 years. Apparently he'd been stalking that car for over six and a half years before he bought it?
"Come see the car and you will see the $$$"

What the hell does that mean?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Prelude Power 3rd Gen lovers!

I was on this forum years ago, it seems my account got deleted at some point, So I look like a newb, but I was here before. I found a beautiful 1990 3rd Gen that I'm considering. Can I get some people to weigh in on this before I let my emotions send me down a road I shouldn't go down?

I've seen the car and it seems to be everything the AD says, it is great. Concerns are that the AC isn't charged ( could this be super costly ) and while its says the power steering system was given some love it felt heavy to me. Is that typical of these? I don't recall them feeling like that.

Would I be paying to much and then be in store for to much work going forward if I jump at this?

Non-4WS model. B21A1 (2.05-liter) original fuel injected engine. Originally an AZ car, originally an automatic. Manual swap done August 2019. Completely stock except for wheels and shift knob!

Current odometer reading is 199k. Condition of the car speaks for itself, but the title states “actual miles unknown.”

The engine was professionally rebuilt August 2019. Machine work conducted locally by a quality shop. Hot-tanked block, measured and inspected, decked, all new rings, bearings, head gasket, rotating assembly blueprinted before assembly. Complete head work – valve seals, valve job, decked, etc. All new seals at reassembly.

New parts include:
Timing belt
Balancer
Engine rebuild kit and seals
Water Pump
Alternator
Battery
Motor mounts
Transmission mount
Power Steering Pump and hoses
Input and Output Shaft Seals
Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder
O2 sensor
Clutch kit and release bearing
Fuel injectors and injector seals
NGK plugs
Thermostat
Oil, air and fuel filters
CV shaft assemblies L and R
Upper and lower ball joints
Steering rack bellows
Muffler and tailpipe assembly and tips
Front and rear speakers

Approximately 130 break-in miles since engine rebuild, oil change conducted after 30 miles (three drive cycles). Starts immediately, idles smoothly, revs beautifully, tracks straight, pulls strong!

Power sunroof and power windows work great, no leaking. Interior is in great condition with very little observable wear. A couple flaws but remarkably nice. The Prelude Si seats are still some of the nicest factory seats ever made!

Radio was retained by prior owner. Center dash vents were not present at time of pictures but have since been installed. A/C will need recharge. No corrosion noted anywhere on the body or undercarriage. See pics of trunk area – Clean!

Popup lights (and all other lights) function properly. It’s a joy to drive, and if I were keeping it, I’d lower it and change the wheel/tire package.

Original paint is shiny with some expected dings and scratches, but no obvious damage or dents. The previous owners clearly took amazing care of this car.

15″ aftermarket wheels are in good condition. Tires are matching and have about 75% of their original tread remaining with even wear across the face. Original matching 14″ Si wheels (2L, 2R) are pictured separately and CAN be included with the car, price negotiable at sale (otherwise they will be sold separately). I do not have center caps for these wheels but I suspect they are available.

This is a super clean unmodded Prelude that would be right at home on the show field at JCCS. These are getting near impossible to find in good condition, most have been modified or wrecked – and all the hard work has been done on this one.

PLEASE, no joyrides and no tire-kickers. I am a long-time collector and restorer of classic Japanese cars, so please don’t waste my time and I’ll extend the same courtesy to you.

My asking price is a very small amount above what I have actually invested in the car. There are certainly other Preludes on the market that are cheaper. Buy and refurbish one of those and you’ll be at my asking price (or more, since I have not factored in my time).

Do not ask me "What's the lowest you'll take?" My asking price is posted.
Do not show up expecting a viewing and test drive without cash in hand.
My time is valuable. If you want a cheap daily driver, go buy one. This is not that car.
Do not attempt to negotiate without cash in hand and a serious intent to buy.

For more information, or to schedule viewing appointment in Surprise AZ, please message me here. Independent party pre-purchase inspection (on site) at your expense prior to bidding is welcomed and encouraged.

As a collector, I am familiar with long-distance sales (and purchases) as well as international transport. As such, I can assist with shipping arrangements worldwide.

Thanks for looking, and please feel free to ask questions about this rare and appreciating collectible.

Good luck – Let’s find this classic a loving new home!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey enthusiast. My 1991 is posted on CraigsList in the Sacramento area. Please take a look. Thanks(12/2019):

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts