16. ejd715 .... MAYBE
17. ludetech - Will ..... NESS Member
18. GTpower97 - Shawn - .... NESS Member
19. 1hpegg - MAYBE NESS Member
20. raidercamero - MAYBE NESS Member
21. 99PrlLude - Shawn - Chips - NESS Member

JUNE 6th IS THE DAY!

UPDATE:
As of right now guys I am wating to hear back from Mid America Motor Plex to see what is available for us but I told them late May or Early June is what I would like to shoot for.

POLL:

Late May and drag strip
Late May and road course
Late May both drag strip and road course
Early June and drap strip
Early June and road course
Early June both drap strip and road course

We will leave the poll up for a few weeks or until MAM has got back to me then switch the poll to dates and times.
These are there website with all info:

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/2006/default.asp

This is the email I sent to the general manager at MAM:

Hi Mr. Howe,

My name is Chris and I am writing you to discuss the possiblity of the use of the track or the possiblity of renting the track for amount of time. I plan the Omaha Honda Prelude meet and am part of a fourm at www.preludepower.com.

I was wondering what type of group rates we could get for the amount of people we could possibly get. Last year we had 12 cars but I hope to have 15 to 20 cars this year. Could you please give me group prices for the drag strip as well as the road course or a combonation of the two. And what dates would work and are still open. We are trying for late May or early June. This is the link to the thread on the site: http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306260

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and consider us for the establishment.

Sincerely,
Chris Hearn

The spot where the meet will start at:

LAKE CHOCLO RECREATION AREA OMAHA NE
red x marks the spot

Also we wlll be have a BBQ this time. You will need to bring one item like hotdogs, hamburger patties, buns, chips, pop etc...

Please put next to your pp.com id and your first name what you will be bringing and Amir will update the first post. I will have a cooler with ice in it to keep things cold.

After we meet eat and hang out take some pics will go to on evening cruise to a photo spot still to be determined by Amir. He is still scouting out a few photo spots. After we get done taking pictures at these photo spot or spots we will go on one more cruise to the original spot were we started and had the BBQ and say our goodbyes and see ya next year.

So with all that said YOU KNOW THE DRILL GUYS. POST IT UP along with your pp.com id first name and what food item you will bring for the BBQ.

OMAHA PRELUDE MEET 2009!!!:

1. lude1990 - Chris - Cooler with ice and pop of all kinds

AMIR PLEASE KEEP THE FIRST POST UPDATED AS I GET INFO AND DETAILS. THX AMIR

Well I'm putting this up but I expect chris to take it over soon.

We learned our lessons last year and so this time will involve better timing. Im really aiming to do this BEFORE NPMMW

June or May.

lets try and get twice as many people and better organization.

-BBQ that way we can sit together and no one really has to spend to much money or decide on where to eat.

-MAM folks?

-I say we all harass the highway Fill up all 4 lanes 5 cars deep.

For sake of the "outta staters" I feel we should keep traffic to a minimum and use only back roads so we can STAY TOGETHER! Cough Cough Chris

However in a complete hypocritical 360 as to what I said about travel distance I'd like to stop by one of the malls and just let people admire. Maybe show up at the dealership with 20 preludes to help convince them to fully sponsor us.

You folks should notice 2 things.

1. I have no sense of organization in this thread
2. Im using the number 20 a whole lot. Why? BECAUSE THAT IS THE MINIMUM WE SHALL ACHIEVE!

Okay its taken me almost an hour just to write this. I gots me the add.

Alright folks you know the drill.

Add on

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i have been thinking about telling Chris to start this a long time ago. cuz i have seen like 10 people say o Chicago is too far and all these people we could of been o then u can go to the Omaha meet!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BE MORE DAMN PRODUCTIVE THAT BITCHING CHRIS OUT!

CHRIS YOU DROPPED THE BALL!

Seriously though come on you guys. Teamwork. Ideas. Cogs. Machinery. Conjuction. Oil. Orange. Omaha.

Take these words very seriously and consider and weigh each ones meaning.

Oh yeah another idea is to completely swamp my work so I can show my manager Bill right in his face that preludes are indeed awesome and to piss him off

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
not being all the way on the opposite side of Omaha from me? i would like that.

downtown had to many lights and people. i say some park in or by a neighborhood? or a state park? i dont know omaha too well. zorinsky (sp) is a good place.

maybe the same day as the ice cream cruise so we can all drive up there at night?

or not too close to the NPM cuz i dont know if someone far away would like to drive to both that close together. unless of course there was a incentive like the ice cream cruise :).

maps for the cruise

bbq- its better that going to a resturant cuz i feel like you can meet other people a lot easier at a bbq cuz u can move around and conversate instead of beening stuck at a table.

im down for somthing just simple like last year. just a little more organized.

games any kind that can be played outside.

a keg. and jager bombs! kidding well kinda

thats all i can think of now. there u go amir shit face.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So far this sounds very good. Next time I'm in Omaha I'll see if I can scout out some parks. I do like the idea of showing up at a dealer, O'Daniel or one of the others. Dodge park is nice, big away from all the busy roads, close to the hi-way. Also a bit north there is some nice scenery and semi-curvy roads.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ok guys I was waiting to put a thread up about this until a few morethings were finalized about the NMP 09. I guess you can say I dropped the ball a little bit but whatever its all good Ive been workin my ass off in the cold so owell....Im sorry if you guys have been waiting for this to get started. I will start the offical thread later this week so that amir doesnt have to keep updating the first post of this thread. This time it will be more organized and there WILL BE A BBQ, cause the first meet kinda went as planned but it didnt if that makes sense. I need to talk to luxlude and frosty about somethings and then I will get the ball rolling on this so dont worry guys it will all come together and then it will be PARTY TIME before you know it :) KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE OFFICAL THREAD IN A FEW DAYS!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2nd thread? Blah

So we got BBQ fa sho.

I'll be scouting locations on my off days.
I was thinking of the park by epply (name is escaping me now)
Lake zorinsky is good spot also.

Chris did have the great idea of either doing it perhaps a month or 2 before NPM or doing it the Day before the cruise out to NPM.

Now I kinda like the idea of doing the meet the day before we head out. May give a nice opportunity to some of the more daring to hit the night scene.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The park by the airport is good sized. I used to go there from some family related things. That would be a good choice.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i think it would be better to have it a few months before the meet. i feel like most of the people that would come if it was before are just the people that want to go on the convoy. that's just my opinion tho. because then if u we get some locals or just some random people to show up we have time to convince them to come to the NPM instead of giving them the heads up a day before.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Cool Ill check out the park but I was also thinkin lake chalo hills rec area off 152 and giles but Ill put a poll up in the offical thread when i start it for places and the date

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i vote west Omaha or around there. eppley/downtown area is too damn confusing. i go there all the time and i still have a hard time finding shit, with all the different lanes, exits, it confuses the shit out of me. lol

ill also search around for a good place.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
lol yea the exits off the interstate can be real confusing at times even in the consturction zones they like give you like 50 feet notice sometimes lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
They can be, but I've never had a problem with the signs. I guess I can read them fast enough, or I can read which I think most of the general public is to lazy to do when driving.
Carter Lake is the park by Epply. Rolling around West Omaha would be nice, considering we did east Omaha last year.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
yea Im going to look into a few places cause that park is always packed in the summer time....people feed the birds all the time

·
Registered
272 Posts
so im new to this prelude meet thing but it sounds and am interested in going but shoudl we first pick a date and figure about how many people can make so we pick a large enough place and simple enough for people to find? maybe or how do u usually do it?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well since this is only the second meet and we're still in the early stages im gonna toss out a random day.

March 26th is a friday of spring break. For high schools. I figure we'll make it the 27th and have a gay ole time.

I'll scout places tomorrow or sat

1 - 20 of 348 Posts