Honda Prelude Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Steve how on earth do you decide which car to drive? MR2, CRX, RX7 or the Lude? If you get two more classics you can make a dice up to roll to help you decide! Which ones your favourite? Personally I love the RX7 the styling RWD and different engine with muchos tuning potential!

·
Registered
100 Posts
More info on the coilovers please? I found a place called BC Racing that makes custom CO's. Is that who you used?

Another q? With the half radiator, do you think I could squeeze a side mount intercooler next to it AND have the AC condenser in the stock location?

I never saw this thread before, nice job man! Pleased to see you where able to fit up a decent sized IC behind the stock bumper assembly. I can't tell if our USDM Si front bumper, which has a more pronounced chin, has less room than whatever bumper you are using..

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Front bumper is from a 3g accord coilovers are australian company called hotbits I believe which were originally the only company to have made coil overs for 2G , now you can get kit from GAZ for bit less they aren't as good quality wise as just steel galvanized so corrode quickly in wet conditions and the shocks probably aren't the best but still much better than lowering springs on stock style dampers. BC racing make good products but as they aren't based in US how would they be able to make a kit up for you? I believe they may have taken what was left of Leda suspension when they went bust and used a lot of they're tech on shock design. The designs and colour scheme see to be very familiar.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
The coilovers are custom made from ceika coilovers. I highly rate them, they are very well made and are high quality.

It could be possible to fit a intercooler next to the radiator, but the there is alot of heat in that area with the turbo. So the intercooler wouldn't be very efficient. Also intercoolers are normally quite thick compared to a radiator. Also have to take into account ic pipes. You could do it if you move the radiator to left. I also found that the ac compressor is in the way but thats with my manifold

The front bar is a 1st gen integra.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Hotbits

Not sure if the main office is in Auz but they have a Auz office and website, they are based in Victoria.

GAZ are ok the shocks they did for the Prelude kits I had made are on their lower range million times better than stock but ideally I'd like something you have or from Hotbits. I could get another UK company called BC to have a look at what they can do as well but no idea on cost for that at present probably be cheaper to buy the hotbits ones tbh.

I completely missed the pics of the coilovers! they look really nice how much they set you back? Also how much amount of camber adjustment do you get from the rears? 0-2 degrees negative? Have you modded the front top camber arms to give you up to -4 degrees negative? I find that -3.5 works really nice with our cars.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts