Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes gets very tiring owning such a tempremental beast!! Got up went to start the car and whats all over the floor my very expensive coolant!!! The recon radiator i had fixed has blown all over the shop and is leaking like a SOB!! Luckily found a new one in stock for $200 which isn't too bad for U.K.!! about £100 with free delivery wahoo!! Hopefully this one won't explode!! Wasn't the coolant mix was pre mixed allready!! Hmmm maybe i should do it myself this time just in case!! So all in all $240 gone in one day oh and i forgot the alternator went yesterday as well but hey at least i had 2 spare and it only needs new brushes!! Cheap in comparison :? Wonder what will go wrong next I'm betting the bearings on the block next getting worries about some ticking noises i can hear but they sound more top end to me!! so hopefully nothing serious!! Oh and the Disks are so warped now it's dry that i've just had to buy a new pair of those at $100 each so all in all very expensive day thankyou Santa for not getting me any of these much needed parts lol!! Now thats me done ranting for the day i hope everyone else is having better luck with their ludes than me so far!! :wzbigcry:

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
On balance though the good times far outshine the bad ones, its a bummer now but will be ok in the long run, ps sell me that B6 SKT or whatever it is!

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
not even the slightest, tokico shocks in my ebay watchlist went from £96 to £138 in about 6 weeks!

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I feel your pain Rich.
Spent New Years eve changing the rad on my 3G auto. £145. Ouch.
And it didn't fit properly, oil cooler fittings are wrong.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Rad

Unfortunately they didn't have any stock when they went to ship!! So now i have to wait while they source me one from abroad but the shipping costs and duty has put it up £50 trying my best to keep the red lude of the road and away from the salt but getting harder not a good time to have so many cars out of action may have to use my Parents Honda Jazz!! Oh the shame!!

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
I feel your pain Rich.
Spent New Years eve changing the rad on my 3G auto. £145. Ouch.
And it didn't fit properly, oil cooler fittings are wrong.
I paid £55 delivered for a new one off ebay, which turned out to be just like the one I got a while ago from Andrew Page for my grey lude @ £110. there wasn't a surcharge either. Not sure on the quality but it seems decent enough.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
But is yours an auto Greg?

BTW Rich, they are listed for the 2G at about £80.
Not sure if in stock but I'll give you the phone numbr if you want it.
Actually just checked an they are in stock for next day delivery at £102 all in.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
You pay more for an auto.
And that price was what I paid as I needed one there and then, not what I would have paid if I could have waited to get it trade after the hols.
That's why it hurt so much.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
radiator

Which place is it that reckon it's in stock?? I think most say they have and it's not till they actually order with their supplier till they find out they haven't got any had 2 do that to me now. But i'll try them anyway thanks just in case.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
remeber rich never let ur passion ever die cause of few problems and hundreds of thousands of dollars get in the way , just rember u love ur 2nd gen so much ur girl left u for it , so keep the spirit up and never give up.:Rock:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
dont give up now....alot of people just tell me to get a new car...they dont understand that sometimes building something on your own is better than buying something that anyone can buy....we are different...thats why we are here

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not giving up just frustated lol!!

No not giving up guys just blowing some steam does get tiring!! Just got my new disks on and the rad is fixed still waiting for the new one to turn up for a spare. Was a Gritting lorry that punctured one of the rows in the core. And TimO nice find copper is best will keep it nice a cool in summer!! Now i wonder what will go next lol!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
ya i prefer copper to allum rads. they just cool better. especially when its a 2 row from factory and the aftermarkets are single row. im still working on a custom alluminum 2 row from a guy locall that makes racing rads. but we will see about that

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
ah yes the joy of owning a 2g. as proud and sure of we are of our 2gs they cause a whole lotta pain. all the little noises that give us nightmares and the breakdowns that make them a reality.

I feel your pain man!

Amazingly enough i haven't had to do any real type of repair in about a year now, i'm impressed! But for some reason my lights keep flickering off and my engine hiccups sometimes. .sigh. . .

Still gotta love these cars regardless i know i do. and good luck man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts