Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 86 1.8L manual & for some reason I recently noticed kinda like a stutter or maybe even like a misfire but it usually only does it at lower RPM’s so I’m not sure what’s goin on with it. I’ve looked up so much shit but don’t even know where to start! I’ve done so much work to this car & the outside don’t look like it loll. I’ve had this car for almost a year & a 1/2 & I’ve never had it do that. But anyways anyone had this happen before ??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do an inspection or replace the distributer rotor and the distributor cap and the spark plugs. Quick, easy and fairly inexpensive.
Remember, don' replace the crankshaft if it only needs an air filter.

Cheers
nigel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What work was done to it? Did it get a tuneup? Maybe post a video of it running.
I’ve done a lot of miscellaneous work to it,, it’s been a process to get to where it is now.. runs clean. Idles beautifully,, I forgot to mention it only does the stuttering thing when in acceleration. I work on this car,, all the work that’s been done to I know ab cause I’ve done it. I’ve drove this car a year & a 1/2 & never has it done this,, no tuneups or whatnot just a girl with a 86 prelude, who works on her own stuff but figured I’d ask on here since I’ve never experienced this stutter with this car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do an inspection or replace the distributer rotor and the distributor cap and the spark plugs. Quick, easy and fairly inexpensive.
Remember, don' replace the crankshaft if it only needs an air filter.

Cheers
nigel
Thanks Nigel! Thats pretty much what everything that I’ve looked up has said.. I’ll do my inspection & go from there. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts