Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i could do good, but dont mod your self out to fast....heres what you can do to stay in a stock class (H Stock) and still have fun with your car.
-New perfomance shocks, the nicer the better, Koni's if you can get them.
phone number to call...859-586-4100. it will cost around 800 dollars for all four.
-Cat back exhuast, and cat back will do, but make sure its Cat Back only!!
-Tires, the idea here is to not hold back at all on tires...Kuhmo v710's if you can! If not you can settle for the V700 much cheaper, but not sure if they will have a size that will fit the 13" wheel. Its probably going to be a good idea to get a set of extra wheels, and if you can, i would highly recommend you get some 14" wheels, stock honda wheels that is. You can go wider on wheel size, and your not really suppose to get larger wheels either, but not many will know that you are as long as you have 14'' wheels of an 89 SE-i accord or something.
-Ditch the front sway bar. Take out or remove there front sway bar. The rules say that you can upgrade the front sway bar, but if your weary of removing the front sway bar, then ask your local SCCA club if you can get a larger rear, if so, go with the addco rear sway bar.
-cars older than 92 can get stainless steel brake lines for saftey reasons. Go to www.tirerack.com and order yourself a pair of lines for an 86 Acura Integra. They dont make them for our car but the good news is that the 86 Integra used the same Brake Lines as the 85-87 Prelude Si's.
-Get New brake pads. Performace brake pads. Hawk HPS's should be good all the way around.
-K&N drop in filter. They make them for our cars and its cheapest to get them from Advanced AutoParts, but if your really cheap like me, you can also remove the stock air filter. Just make sure there are no leaves in the intake piping.

With these legal mods, your car would be awesome to drive and very competive in HS, provided you spend lots of time racing nearly every race you can. Seat time is the most valuable thing you spend your money on, but if you want to set your prelude up, this is the best way.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Your car is truely a force in autocross, but I'd leave it stock or only do suspension mods to it to remain in a competative class.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got an '87 2.0L Si and it's a ton of fun to autocross. I started last year and I'm totally looking forward to the season starting in a couple weeks.

Autocross is one event where horsepower doesn't matter that much, what matters is traction and balanced handling. The best change any autocrosser can make is buying a set of R Compound tires, you never see a car without them with the fastest time. However you can't use them on the street so you have to put them on at the event. If you want to stick to changes you can drive on the street focus on improving the handling, a thicker rear anti-roll bar will make the handling more neutral, stiffer springs and better struts will help too.

One thing I really enjoy about autocrossing the prelude is with the way it's geared you can go a little over 100kph(60mph) in 2nd gear. In an autocross you get close to that speed but never get to where you need to shift. So once you get out of first you can just keep both your hands on the wheel and focusing on following the best line without ever needing to shift again.

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
downhilldogs car was set up for auto x...a couple buddies of mine watched that lude spank the piss outta vettes...and his u[grade list was full but it wasn't anything extremly extensive just as long as you cover every angle...first off is brakes....the only reason i don't do it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts