Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my 92 si and second gear grinds..what are the chances thats it can be just the clutch and not my whole tranny???... well when the car is cold it wont grind at all just kinda hard to get it in .. no big deal tho...after lik a minute driving itll do it if i shift above 4000.... after lik 5-10 mins itll be grinding like a bitch.,,(the ONLY way it wont is when im about to shift i press da clutch to were it cant go no more, wait untill the idle gets to under 2000 then put it in second) and it just pisses me off cus i cant enjoy my prelude :cry:..do you guys think a clutchmasters clutch can fix this or my syncros are fucked up? wat are the chances.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
786 Posts
if ur clutch was bad it'd be the pressure plate not letting it go into gear. but it would do it in every gear.

sorry bro, but it sounds like ur syncos are goin.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should really rewrite your post in english and not hip hop. And would a little punctuation really kill all that street cred you been working so hard for? At least a period here and there would be nice. If you do this I bet you will get a little more help with your problem.

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
Sounds like your synchro is going bad. One thing you can try to give you hope is flush your tranny fluid and refill with some synchromesh and see what happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should really rewrite your post in english and not hip hop. And would a little punctuation really kill all that street cred you been working so hard for? At least a period here and there would be nice. If you do this I bet you will get a little more help with your problem.
lol im so offended :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am having the same problem!

I am having my tranny rebuilt on tuesday . I had the exact same problem with second gear EXACT!. It's the synchronizer, thats why it will go in if you give it a second. It's not good. Plus most places are back ordered on them so I think it is a common problem. GOOD LUCK:smilejap:

just bought my 92 si and second gear grinds..what are the chances thats it can be just the clutch and not my whole tranny???... well when the car is cold it wont grind at all just kinda hard to get it in .. no big deal tho...after lik a minute driving itll do it if i shift above 4000.... after lik 5-10 mins itll be grinding like a bitch.,,(the ONLY way it wont is when im about to shift i press da clutch to were it cant go no more, wait untill the idle gets to under 2000 then put it in second) and it just pisses me off cus i cant enjoy my prelude :cry:..do you guys think a clutchmasters clutch can fix this or my syncros are fucked up? wat are the chances.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
Classic bad synchro syndrome. I dont use second or fourth gear to save gas. You could just avoid second until you fix it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having my tranny rebuilt on tuesday . I had the exact same problem with second gear EXACT!. It's the synchronizer, thats why it will go in if you give it a second. It's not good. Plus most places are back ordered on them so I think it is a common problem. GOOD LUCK:smilejap:
same exact problem!!!! n im hoping by flushing my tranny itll fix it ..and btw how much will you be paying for it? because ive even tought of getting rid of my lude because i heard its EXPENSIVE

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just curious, how does that save gas?

I have the same problem with first gear btw.
I wouldn't think it saves gas, it seems like it would burn more. Higher RPMs, more fuel consumed.

·
Registered
841 Posts
H23FukVTEC huh? lmao! nice name. Obviously you've never had the joy of VTEC... haha anyways. Sounds like synchros to me. Same thing is happening to my cousins car in 2nd gear, and he got it checked and its synchros.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tranny

I am getting my second gear sychro fixed for 900.00 total. Vtechnician's
rules! I just had to add the last quote sorry but I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing like a screaming vtec and the wonderful smell of burnt matches as you wave good buy.:spinface:

H23FukVTEC huh? lmao! nice name. Obviously you've never had the joy of VTEC... haha anyways. Sounds like synchros to me. Same thing is happening to my cousins car in 2nd gear, and he got it checked and its synchros.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tranny

rules! I just had to add the last quote sorry but I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing like a screaming vtec and the wonderful smell of burnt matches as you wave good buy.:spinface:

·
Registered
482 Posts
for that price u can buy a brand new fukin jdm tranny. lol well brand new as in 35k miles

·
Registered
109 Posts
It saves gas because you don't have to go through your RPM range as much. Keeps your RPM's lower but gives a lot less acceleration.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts