1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
damn wish i had the money

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
im pretty sure u can get your motor built the same way for almost half the price

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
im pretty sure u can get your motor built the same way for almost half the price
The price is insane, but in Frank's defense the amount of work he puts into engines to get them close to 3L is pretty intense.

All that's OEM is the head & block casting, and even those are modified all to heck...

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
TopEndLude said:
^^ true dat!
i dont think ya'll understand how much work is put into that motor. The headwork (machine) is prolly worth 5k on its own.

+Full CNC machined block
+Brand new cylinder head casting
+Billet Crankshaft
+assembly, balancing
+completely tuned on choice of AEM or Motec

all that stuff adds up and its only a fraction of the work.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i'll take one

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
You have to be crazy rich to be able to afford that engine. Sorry to much for me.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
its not for normal people. This engine is built for someone who is going to race it......legally. Or for someone who just has mass amounts of money and wants to street it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I love the clear intake manifold top, that's badass. Wonder how well the plexiglass or whatever used would hold up to boost though.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id say itd prolly hold up really well, its made for it!

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
2.2L said:
its not for normal people. This engine is built for someone who is going to race it......legally. Or for someone who just has mass amounts of money and wants to street it.
I agree.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i want to street it, but I dont have the massive amounts of money part. Not yet... and when I do I won't be buying car stuff. I'm gonna get a hovercraft :)

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
CruZin89LuDe said:
i want to street it, but I dont have the massive amounts of money part. Not yet... and when I do I won't be buying car stuff. I'm gonna get a hovercraft :)
Haha, great plan, hovercrafts are sick :emthup: LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Sky_kiD said:
Sorry but 25000 dollars for 150 more hp isnt worth it period.
i agree. wrong way to spend your money. Anyone who disagrees is a dumbass plain and simple. regardless the work is worth alot, but thats a race motor and thats what sponsors are for.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Clean3rdGen said:
i agree. wrong way to spend your money. Anyone who disagrees is a dumbass plain and simple. regardless the work is worth alot, but thats a race motor and thats what sponsors are for.
like i said, its for people who say want to start up a drag team but dont want to build the motor themselves. Racing is expensive and Franks motor building capabilities are not far from phenominal. Gettinga motor built buy someone who knows what they are doing is goign to be expensive, especially when you are using top quality parts and brand new castings.

so i disagree with you. Try and build that motor for under 20 grand. It wont happen.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I know what its for 2.2..... But its the wrong way to spend money. Bad investment even if your looking for sponsorship. Regardless of how much your saving on the motor you wont get that back say if you worked your way to a sponsorship via consistency at the track. good motor....yes....good work....yes....good investment....no. Get the sponsorship, then build the motor. Thats what its all about my man.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts